Atlona HDVS Series
The AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT is part of the Atlona HDVS Series of HDBaseT extenders with AV switching and scaling, plus automatic display control and automatic input selection. See below for a complete listing of transmitters and receivers.
* To achieve optimal HDBaseT performance, CAT6a or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable is highly recommended.
** Not a member of the HDVS Series, but includes many of the same convenient features without HDBaseT extension.
Compatible USB Cameras
The AT-HDVS-CAM is the recommended PTZ conferencing camera for use with the AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT. Both products can be purchased together as the AT-UHD-HDVS-300-C-KIT.
The AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT can also be used with a variety of third-party USB cameras, and supports a maximum USB data rate of 170 Mbps. Below is a list of compatible camera models tested and verified by Atlona. This listing will be continually updated as more brands and models are evaluated and validated.
The Atlona AT-UHD-HDVS-300-KIT provides AV switching, USB and HDMI extension, plus system control for huddle spaces and meeting rooms using PC-based conferencing codecs such as Skype®, WebEx®, and GoToMeeting®. The transmitter and receiver kit offers five video inputs shared between both devices for HDMI, DisplayPort, and analog video signals. To simplify conference room device management, the kit provides two USB type B connectors for host computers. Two built-in USB hubs, one on the transmitter and one on the receiver, allow for numerous Human Interface Devices (HID) as well as USB cameras and microphones. For the HDMI inputs, the HDVS-300-KIT is compatible with Ultra High Definition sources and displays up to 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 color subsampling. All audio, video, data, control, USB, and Ethernet transmission between the two devices is carried over a single, Ethernet-enabled HDBaseT link up to 330 feet (100 meters).
Streamlined AV Systems for Meetings and Conferencing
Simple meetings demand simple systems. Attendees want to walk into a meeting space, open their laptop, and start a cloud-based conference. But to get quality results, systems are designed with AV Extenders, USB extenders, USB hubs, remote controls, cameras, microphones and all the associated cable runs. The HDVS-300-KIT was designed to eliminate the clutter and system complexity in huddle spaces and meeting rooms where USB cameras and microphones are incorporated into professional AV systems with just two devices and a single category cable. This kit also excels in hybrid rooms where a traditional HDVS system is required for one meeting but also for rooms needed cloud-based conferencing.
Surface mounting brackets are provided with the HDVS-300-KIT for easy installation of the transmitter below a conference table.
Automatic Display Control
The HDVS-300-KIT provides control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the HDVS-300-KIT can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the HDVS-300-KIT forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The HDVS-300-KIT display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
A power button on the front panel can be used for manual on/off control of either the HDVS-300-KIT or the display. Front panel volume controls are also available to control the display’s internal audio, or another device with volume control, such as a DSP or another switcher.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
The HDVS-300-KIT automatically selects an input source based on detection of the 5 volt hot plug detect (HPD) signal, as well as active video. This ensures reliable auto-switching operation for all video sources, including DVRs, DisplayPort / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and other devices that always maintain the HPD line at the 5 volt “high” state but may not be delivering active video.
- Teleconferencing with soft codecs – The switching transmitter is situated at a conference table for presenters to connect their laptops and integrate a USB mic or speakerphone, while the receiver is connected to the display and a USB camera.
(See this featured application as an example, and read about the HDVS-300-KIT in this case study.)
- Touch and interactive displays – The HDVS-300-KIT is also ideal for extending USB connectivity from a touch display to a PC at the transmitter location.
(See this featured application as an example.)
Configured and Managed by AMS
The Atlona Management System (AMS) is a powerful network software platform ideal for configuring, managing, and monitoring the HDVS-300-KIT and other Atlona IP-controllable devices over a LAN, WAN, or VPN. AMS is available free from Atlona, and greatly streamlines installation and maintenance of several Atlona products throughout a facility or enterprise, from a standard web browser.
Integrates PCs, USB cameras, and USB mics for presentations and teleconferences
- Brings advanced conferencing capabilities to huddle spaces and meeting rooms; Reduces the number of system components needed for soft codec-based conferences
- Removes operational barriers for system users; Lowers overall system costs
AV switcher with USB hub and Ethernet-enabled, extended distance HDBaseT extension
- Delivers 4K/UHD video, audio, 100Base-T Ethernet, power with USB management and control through a single cable
- Reduces cable counts and floor box connections between source, control system, router, and display to a single cable
Receiver with additional HDMI input, USB hub, and PoE
- Provides an additional system input at the display for fixed PCs; Ideal for systems with USB 3.0 cameras attached to the PC
- Expands system design flexibility without increasing integration costs
Bi-directional USB 2.0* extension between conference table and display
- Two USB type B interfaces for connection to host computers and five USB type A ports
- Eliminates separate USB switchers, transmitters, and receivers
- * Maximum 170 Mbps data rate supported over HDBaseT
Automatic display control
- Automatically changes projector power state based on active or standby mode of switcher. Control signals transmitted via CEC, IP, or RS-232
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems. Enables display and volume control from the front panel. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays.
Automatic input selection using video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems
EDID management and HDCP management
- Manages EDID communications between source and display; allows integrators to force sources to preferred resolution
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system; enables PC output to non-compliant codecs
- Compatible with Ultra High Definition sources and displays
- Supports high-resolution applications such as CAD, desktop publishing, and detailed financial reporting
- Supports up to HDCP 1.4 (Does not support HDCP 2.2 devices)
- *4K/UHD capability is supported through the HDMI inputs. The DisplayPort input accepts signals up to 1080p resolution.
AV, Ethernet, USB, power and control over HDBaseT
- Delivers 4K/UHD video, audio, 100Base-T Ethernet, USB 2.0, power and control through a single cable
- Eliminates multiple cable runs between source, control system router and display
- Supports USB data rates up to 170 Mbps
Power over Ethernet for remotely powering the transmitter
- Industry standard IEEE 802.3af PoE supplied by the receiver over HDBaseT
- No local AC outlet required at transmitter; simplifies and streamlines integration
- Provides IP control capability for third-party control systems
- Reduces integration time and costs
Easy, GUI-based configuration using integrated web server
- Offers menu-based configuration of network settings, RS-232 settings, input switching, EDID, and HDCP management and audio
- Allows fast configuration of internal product settings and troubleshooting from a tablet, smart phone, or PC in the field
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Supports PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS Digital Surround™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™
- Allows any multi-channel audio stream to be used within a professional audio system
Rack-mountable, 1U, half rack width enclosure (TX only)
- Installs easily in rack-mounted systems with included 19” rack-mount brackets
- Simplifies installations; allows two units to be mounted together
Works with AMS
- This IP-controllable product can be remotely managed by the Atlona Management System software
- Integrates product configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
- User guide, desktop power supply, detachable power cable, mounting bracket
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence