from Personal Devices
Touch-Free AV Presentation Solutions
More than ever businesses and their employees are utilizing AV technology to meet and collaborate. Huddle spaces and conference rooms are being outfitted with display, video, and audio components to facilitate discussion with colleagues in-person, remotely via videoconferencing, or both at the same time. To maximize productivity, meeting hosts want to minimize the time it takes to set up the AV system. Ideally it would be highly automated and allow the use of devices and software that they are already familiar with.
To address these issues, Atlona is highlighting a number of our AV and Control system technologies that completely automate system operation for a touch-free experience or allow them to easily control the system form their personal device.
- Touch-free AV – fully automated meeting spaces without touching anything but your personal laptop or mobile device
- BYOD AV Control – harness the power of a touch panel control system from your personal mobile device
Imagine entering a meeting space, presenting material, then leaving the room without touching anything but your personal laptop or mobile device. Atlona makes this a reality with features built into our AT-OME-MS52W AV switcher and the AT-WAVE-101 wireless presentation platform.
Automatic Display Control
Switchers automatically turn the display on or off based status of an occupancy sensor, door switch, or active source on one of the inputs
Allows presenters to mirror content from their personal iOS®, Android®, Mac®, Chromebook®, or Windows® device over Wi-Fi® without the need to install an app. A welcome screen on the display provides instructions on how to connect your device
Automatic Input Selection
Selects the active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source
Use occupancy status from the network or trigger I/O to automatically power on or off the AV system when participants enter or leave the room
Automatically control motorized projection screens, lighting, or shades based on system state
BYOD AV Control
For meeting environments that do not have a fully automated switcher, Atlona’s Velocity™ system provides solutions that maximize AV control system automation. This includes integration with occupancy sensors and use of your personal laptop or mobile device for control system access.
QR Code BYOD Control
Velocity generates and embeds a QR code in touch panel GUI. Users scan the code with their BYOD device to take full control of the AV system. May be configured as open access, secure access, or with periodic link changes.
The VCC-RELAY-KIT can automatically control motorized projection screens, lighting, or shades based on system state.
QR Code BYOD Control Setup and Demonstration with Velocity
AV SWITCHing & Wireless
With automation features that facilitate Touch-Free meeting spaces
TOUCH-FREE AV SYSTEM APPLICATION
The following diagram illustrates a number of ways Atlona solutions support touch-free AV presentation including:
- Wireless Presentation – The user wirelessly connects their tablet to the AT-OME-MS52W which senses activity and turns the display on and makes wireless the active source. When the user disconnects, the system shuts down.
- Active Signal – The user plugs their laptop into the OME-MS52W which senses activity and turns the display on and makes the laptop the active source. When the user disconnects, the system shuts down.
- Occupancy Sensor – The AT-OCS-900N communicates room occupancy to the OME-MS52W which turns the display on. When the sensor determines the room is vacant, the system shuts down.
- BYOD Control – The user can scan the QR code on the AT-VTP-1000VL touch panel and control the AV system from their personal device.