Atlona and its corporate affiliates (“Atlona” or “we”) provide this Web Site Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to respect your privacy. This Web Site Privacy Statement explains how we collect certain personal information at our Web Site at www.Atlona.com and any permutations thereof that directly link to this Website Privacy Statement (“Web Site”). This Web Site Privacy Statement also explains how we use and disclose such information. Please note that it does not, however, apply to our use of data that we collect otherwise (e.g., offline or through web sites of our foreign subsidiaries). If you do not agree with this Web Site Privacy Statement, please do not access or use our Web Site.
Personal and Non-Personal Information
Generally, you can visit Atlona on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. We collect no such information about you when you visit our Web Site unless you choose to provide that information to us. Atlona may request or collect certain personally identifiable information from or about you (“Personal Information”) in certain circumstances, as described in this Web Site Privacy Statement and in specific privacy notices (described at the end of this Web Site Privacy Statement under the header “Situations in Which you Submit Personal Information”).
Log Files and Aggregate Information
Like most website operators, we collect and use IP addresses from browsing machines to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Atlona does not link this information with Personal Information about individual users. We may share with potential partners our aggregated demographic information and aggregated information about the transactions conducted on our Web Site. Information we share for these purposes is generally not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person or company.
Third parties employ a software technology called Web beacons, that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Third parties do not tie the information gathered by Web beacons to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
Situations in Which You Submit Personal Information
In certain situations, we will ask you to submit Personal Information. We will use this Personal Information only as described under the header “Use and Transfer of Personal Information.”
- When you purchase a product or setup an online account, you will submit Personal Information such as your name, email address, credit card information and shipping information.
- In order to register your Atlona product, you will be asked to complete a product registration form.
- When you participate in our voluntary surveys by providing information about yourself and your use of our products.
- If you would like to register for our Atlona newsletter, we may ask you to submit a contact form with your name, address and e-mail address. Atlona will use this information to send the newsletters to you.
- In order to deliver additional information that you request about our products or services, we may ask you to submit a customer service form with your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, the Atlona product you own, the topic of your request and your comments.
- You may apply for a position with us by submitting your resume. This Personal Information may be reviewed and used to contact you.
Use and Transfer of Personal Information
Atlona will generally not transfer Personal Information to third parties except as disclosed in this Web Site Privacy Statement or in specific privacy notices (described above under the header “Situations in Which You Submit Personal Information”).
- We do share Personal Information within the Atlona affiliated companies to offer you products and information that may be of interest to you with your consent.
- In addition, we may need to transfer Personal Information to third parties who perform services on our behalf in your interest. For example, we may release personal information to third parties to fulfill customer orders, send Atlona marketing communications, deliver packages, fulfill subscriptions, schedule and perform installation and servicing, conduct research or surveys, send regular mail and e-mail on behalf of Atlona, or to process credit card payments. These third party service providers may not use your information for their own marketing purposes.
- If you do not wish to receive communications from us, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject stating “UNSUBSCRIBE”, simply opt out during the checkout process, or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each promotional email.
We generally reserve the right, however, to transfer any non-personal information without restrictions and to transfer Personal Information in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, and/or sale of all or substantially all of our assets. Also, we may use or disclose Personal Information as required or permitted by law and/or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with a legal requirement, a court order, request by law enforcement officials, or other legal process, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others or ourselves. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
Our Web Site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Atlona is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites, and this Web Site Privacy Statement does not apply to such sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Atlona endeavors to take reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the security of our users’ Personal Information. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We do not, however, warrant or represent that your Personal Information is completely safe from hackers and other security threats. If you have questions about the security of this Web Site, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Web Site Privacy Statement
If we decide to change this Web Site Privacy Statement, which we reserve the right to do, at any time, effective immediately we will post the revised policy at this location, or at another location that is accessible via link from our homepage, so that users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under circumstances, if any, we disclose it, on any given day. If at any point we decide to use Personal Information in a manner that is substantially different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users by way of an email or a prominent notice on our Web site, and provide users with a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
70 Daggett Drive
San Jose, CA 95134