Atlona SW Series
The AT-UHD-SW-510W is part of the Atlona SW Series of compact AV switchers, ideal for a wide range of commercial and residential applications. The SW Series offers performance, reliability, and a host of integration and user convenience features. See below for more information.
The AT-UHD-SW-510W features an HDBaseT output and is compatible with the Atlona AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX-PSE receiver. This switcher can conveniently be controlled by the ANC-108D button control panel.
The AT-UHD-SW-510W is available in US and EU versions, as well as in a kit with the AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX-PSE HDBaseT receiver.
The Atlona AT-UHD-SW-510W is a 5×1 multi-format switcher with wireless presentation capability. It provides universal BYOD (bring your own device) compatibility with HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB-C inputs, plus wireless connectivity for mobile devices. The SW-510W is HDCP 2.2 compliant, and features an HDMI output and a mirrored HDBaseT output that can be used with the Atlona AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX-PSE HDBaseT receiver. It also includes automatic input switching and automatic display control capability, both applicable to wired and wireless source connections. This unique multi-format switcher and wireless gateway provides a universal connectivity solution for presentation devices in a wide range of professional AV applications.
The USB-C port on the SW-510W is ideal for newer Mac, Chromebook, and Windows PCs. All inputs and the local HDMI output are compatible with video signals up to 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling, as well as data rates up to 18 Gbps. For integration convenience and flexibility, simultaneous 18 Gbps HDMI and 10 Gbps HDBaseT outputs make the SW-510W ideal for various presentation scenarios such as primary and confidence displays in a corporate auditorium or lecture hall. The HDBaseT output extends video, audio, control, and Ethernet up to 100 meters. (For AV signals exceeding 10 Gbps, 4K/UHD video will be subsampled to 4:2:0, or HDR metadata removed for HDBaseT transmission.)
Wireless BYOD Connectivity
In addition to wired AV connections, the SW-510W interfaces with a presenter’s iOS, Android, Mac, Chromebook, or Windows device over Wi-Fi®, and allows screen mirroring without the need to install an app. It can serve as an integrated, dual band access point, or be networked into an existing Wi-Fi installation. With a second antenna (included), the SW-510W can also provide simultaneous Wi-Fi and Miracast™ (Wi-Fi Direct®). In addition, the SW-510W supports Miracast over Infrastructure which allows Miracast over a facility Wi-Fi network or LAN, rather than over a direct wireless link.
The SW-510W is designed for use in the US, Canada, and India. A version for Europe, Australia, South Africa, as well as Asia is also available as the AT-UHD-SW-510W-EU.
Please see below for more detailed information on wireless connectivity with the SW-510W.
Mac and iOS screen mirroring
- iOS version 5.0 (released 2011) and later
- macOS® version 10.8 Mountain Lion (released 2012) and later
The SW-510W can receive AV from a Miracast-enabled device in two operating modes:
- Peer to peer (Wi-Fi Direct). The SW-510W wirelessly receives Miracast directly from the device.
- Miracast over Infrastructure. The SW-510W receives Miracast from the device over a network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi connection must be secured with WPA2-PSK or WPA-Enterprise.
The following are the necessary requirements for a mobile device to deliver a Miracast presentation to the SW-510W:
- Windows PC or tablet certified for Miracast and running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 version 1703
- Windows 10 version 1703 (or later) required for Miracast over Infrastructure
- Miracast-capable Windows Phone device running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Mobile device running Android version 4.4.2 or later
- Chromebook devices with OS version 35 and later
- Casting from the Chrome desktop browser is currently not supported*
- Please refer to this list of Android devices optimized for screen sharing
* Coming soon in a future firmware update.
The SW-510W includes several features and benefits for automating and simplifying operations. In addition, the SW-510W can automatically switch between sources and power a display on or off, based on source connection or disconnection from the switcher. This works with both wired and wireless source devices.
Audio Integration Features
This switcher offers several options for integrating audio with displays, DSPs, and amplifiers. An analog two-channel audio input is provided for embedding with any of the wired or wireless video inputs. Two-channel PCM audio can be de-embedded from a wired or wireless video input and delivered to a balanced, analog balanced audio output.
- Flexibility to accept any presenter device – This is relevant to a wide range of AV environments, from a huddle room to a convention center meeting room.
- Conference rooms, boardrooms, and classrooms – A credenza or lectern-based AV system for resident sources, plus wireless connectivity for a participant’s laptop or tablet.
- Small to medium-sized meeting spaces – The SW-510W is compact and ideal for under-table mounting. It conveniently provides automatic switching and display control for simplified user operation, especially with laptops and mobile devices brought into the system.
- Presentation spaces where two displays are needed – This switcher can be installed in a lectern to serve a confidence monitor, plus the primary display in a remote location.
5×1 universal AV switcher
- Two HDMI, one DisplayPort, and one USB-C* input, plus a dedicated wireless AV input
- Delivers true BYOD capability for a wide range of presentation sources
- * USB-C port supports AV and device charging, but not USB data.
Wireless AV gateway
- Provides convenient Wi-Fi connectivity for an iOS, Android, Mac, Chromebook, or Windows-based device
- Includes dual Wi-Fi access points – secondary access point required for Miracast (Wi-Fi Direct)
- Integrated access point can be segregated from the facility network for security reasons
Native platform-based, wireless interfacing
- Allows screen mirroring without the need for a separate app
- Supports wireless video up to 1080p/30 4:2:0 (up to 1080p/60 with Miracast)*
- Bluetooth®-assisted iOS device discovery available
- Also supports Miracast over Infrastructure for use of facility Wi-Fi or Ethernet network
- * Video resolution capability is dependent on wireless signal quality.
Automatic input selection and automatic display control
- Automatically changes display power state, and switches between inputs based on device connection or disconnection from the switcher
- Works for both wired and wireless source devices
- Enables effortless, automated system operation without the need for an external control system
USB-C charging for laptops, tablets, and smartphones
- Conveniently provides mobile device powering during a meeting or presentation
- Simple one-cable connection for AV and charging*
- * Atlona strongly recommends using the supplied USB-C cable accessory.
4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling, plus support for 4K/60 4:4:4 and HDR formats on local ports (HDMI, USB-C, and DisplayPort)
- Ideal for new and emerging 4K/UHD and HDR-capable sources and displays
- Compatible with 4K HDR10 and Dolby® Vision™ @ 60 Hz
- Recommended HDBaseT receiver: AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX-PSE
Mirrored HDMI and HDBaseT outputs
- HDBaseT output transmits AV, control, and Ethernet up to 330 feet (100 meters) @ 1080p with CAT5e/6 or 4K/UHD using CAT6a/7 cable*
- Mirrored 18 Gbps HDMI and 10 Gbps HDBaseT outputs provide flexible options for AV system designs and applications
- * To achieve optimal HDBaseT performance, CAT6a or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable is highly recommended.
HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Adheres to latest specification for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
- Allows protected content to pass between authenticated devices
- HDCP 2.2 supported only for wired AV connections
- De-embeds two channel PCM audio from any video source to a balanced, analog audio output
- Manages EDID communications with the source through a display’s EDID or internally stored EDID
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
- Automatically reports HDCP compliance status to the source based on the sink device
TCP/IP, RS-232, and contact closure control
- Ideal for IP-based control from Atlona Velocity Control System
- Also compatible with third-party control systems
- Contact closure control ideal for room functions such as motorized screens and display lifts
Front panel button controls and signal status LEDs
- Allow simple and convenient control of source switching as well as display on/off and audio volume
- Front panel LEDs highlight the currently selected input, including wireless BYOD
Rack-mountable 1U, half rack width enclosure
- Easy installation into racks and confined spaces via optional AT-UHD-SW-510W-RM rack mounting hardware
- Ideal for under-table installation with included mounting hardware
- User guide, 2 USB Wi-Fi adapters/antennas, surface mounting brackets, 2 meter (6.5 foot) USB-C male-to-male cable (USB 3.1 Gen 1), and external universal power supply
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in commercial and residential systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence