Atlona HDVS Series
The AT-HDVS-SC-RX is part of the Atlona HDVS Series of HDBaseT extenders with AV switching and scaling, plus automatic display control and automatic input selection. See below for a complete listing of transmitters and receivers.
* To achieve optimal HDBaseT performance, CAT6a or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable is highly recommended.
** Not a member of the HDVS Series, but includes many of the same convenient features without HDBaseT extension.
The Atlona AT-HDVS-SC-RX is an HDBaseT receiver and 4K/UHD scaler with a local HDMI input. It receives HDBaseT for video output up to 4K/30 4:4:4, plus embedded audio, control, and Ethernet over distances up to 330 feet (100 meters). The HDVS-SC-RX features Atlona CrystalScale technology with high-quality downscaling and upscaling, as well as advanced image optimization capabilities plus internal test patterns for setup and troubleshooting. The HDVS-SC-RX is ideal for 4K presentation applications with HDVS-200, Omega™, or UHD-EX Series transmitters, as well as Atlona AV switchers with HDBaseT outputs, local HDMI sources, and the Gain™ Series amplifiers. The HDVS-SC-RX and HDVS-200 or Omega Series transmitter together serve as a compact, fully automated AV system with the convenience of automatic input selection, display control, remote transmitter powering through Power over Ethernet (PoE), and 4K/UHD scaling.
Versatile scaler, switcher, and extender
The HDVS-SC-RX combines the benefits of 4K/UHD scaling, auto-switching for HDBaseT and HDMI inputs, integrated display control, and more. It incorporates many popular integration convenience features, while delivering excellent performance and value for applications demanding high quality image presentations.
This HDBaseT-equipped scaler and switcher includes audio de-embedding, TCP/IP and RS-232 control, and contact closure ports for controlling a motorized screen or display lift. Surface mounting hardware is provided with the HDVS-SC-RX for easy installation behind a display or above a projector.
The HDVS-SC-RX optimizes picture quality and switching performance with Atlona CrystalScale. This exclusive video processing technology delivers pristine images without sacrificing fine color or spatial detail, particularly when 4K/UHD content is down-converted to 1080p. CrystalScale also includes color uniformity and gamma correction, motion-adaptive 1080i deinterlacing, and aspect ratio control.
Automatic Display Control
The HDVS-SC-RX can provide control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the HDVS-SC-RX can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected to the HDVS-SC-RX. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the HDVS-SC-RX forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The HDVS-SC-RX display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
Front panel volume controls are also available to control the display’s internal audio, or another device with volume control, such as a DSP or another switcher.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
The HDVS-SC-RX automatically selects an input source based on detection of the 5 volt hot plug detect (HPD) signal, as well as active video. This ensures reliable auto-switching operation for all video sources, including DVRs, DisplayPort / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and other devices that always maintain the HPD line at the 5 volt “high” state but may not be delivering active video.
- Complete integration for meeting rooms – The HDVS-SC-RX and an HDVS-200 or Omega Series transmitter together provide a compact yet integrated solution with automatic input selection, HDBaseT extension, display control capabilities, room control, audio de-embedding, and volume control.
- Larger presentation applications – The HDVS-SC-RX is ideal for extending AV connectivity from an Atlona HDBaseT-equipped switcher to a remote display or projector. Content can be upscaled, downscaled, or delivered with scaling bypassed, while providing unparalleled, pristine image quality.
The AT-HDVS-SC-RX is compatible with HDVS-200, Omega™, and UHD-EX Series transmitters. This switcher, receiver, and scaler is also ideal for Atlona switchers, matrix switchers, and distribution amplifiers with HDBaseT outputs. See below for a complete listing of compatible products.
HDBaseT receiver with local HDMI input
- Two-input switcher with HDBaseT and HDMI inputs
- HDMI input is ideal for a wireless gateway, PC, videoconferencing codec, or media player installed near a display
- HDBaseT receiver for AV, power, control, and Ethernet up to 330 feet (100 meters) @ 1080p with CAT5e/6 or 4K/UHD using CAT6a/7 cable*
- * To achieve optimal HDBaseT performance, CAT6a or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable is highly recommended.
4K/UHD capability @ 30 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling
- Compatible with sources up to 4K/30 4:4:4
- Allows 4K/UHD transmission when used with a compatible HDBaseT transmitter or switcher
HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Adheres to latest specification for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection*
- Allows protected content stream to pass between authenticated devices
- * HDBaseT transmitter or switcher must also be HDCP 2.2 compliant.
Advanced 4K/UHD scaling featuring Atlona CrystalScale technology
- Dedicated video processing features for system setup and fine-tuning
- Ensure best quality image presentations with optimization settings and internal test patterns
- Selectable pass-through mode (scaler bypass mode) for 1:1 image output
Pristine-quality downscaling and upscaling
- Preserves critical color and spatial detail when down-converting 4K content to 1080p or vice versa
- Ideal for presentation applications where 4K content is to be viewed on a variety of 4K and HD displays
Aspect ratio control
- The aspect ratio of the video can be adjusted to a desired presentation viewing format
- Aspect ratio options include Fill (content fills the display), and Follow (keep original aspect ratio)
Image optimization for flat-panel and LED tiled displays
- Gamma correction available to optimize or enhance the content for the display
- Uniformity correction compensates for color uniformity issues viewed on-screen
Advanced motion-adaptive deinterlacing for 1080i input signals
- Optimizes presentation of 1080i source content such as television broadcasting
- Frame conversion for 1080 interlacing and de-interlacing
Internal video test patterns for setup, calibration, and troubleshooting
- Includes color bars, crosshatch, grayscale, and moving bar
- Test patterns facilitate setting up displays, validating system performance, and diagnosing image display or signal connectivity issues
Local AC powering – PoE (Power over Ethernet) source
- Supplies industry standard IEEE 802.3af PoE over HDBaseT to an HDVS-200 or Omega™ Series transmitter
- Allows convenient transmitter installation at any remote location, without the need for local AC power
Automatic display control
- Automatically changes display power state based on active or standby mode of the scaler. Control signals to display are transmitted via IP, RS-232, or CEC.
- Enables display and volume control. CEC enables control of consumer displays (as supported by the display manufacturer).
- Includes an adjustable lamp cooldown mode to avoid prematurely powering up a projector after shutdown
- Eliminates the need for a complex AV control system
Automatic input selection using hot plug detect and video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Enables simplified, automatic system operation without user intervention
- De-embeds two channel PCM audio from any video source to a balanced, analog audio output
- Independent mute controls for embedded and de-embedded two-channel PCM audio, plus three-band EQ for the analog audio output
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Passes through multi-channel audio formats from the HDMI or HDBaseT inputs
- Supports PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS® Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X®
- Manages EDID communications with the source through a display’s EDID or internally stored EDID
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
- Automatically reports HDCP compliance status to the source based on the sink device
- HDCP compliance can also be disengaged through AMS or a control system
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and teleconference systems; protected content is not transmitted
Intuitive GUI-based configuration using integrated web server
- Offers menu-based configuration of device settings including network access, input switching, signal processing, display control, HDCP and EDID management, and more
- Allows fast configuration of internal product settings and troubleshooting from a mobile device or PC in the field
TCP/IP and RS-232 control
- Flexible control options for compatibility with the Atlona Velocity™ control system, as well as other third-party control systems
- Reduces integration time and costs
Contact closure for screen or display lift control
- Dry contact closure triggers electronic screen or lift operation based on active or standby mode of scaler
- Automates screen or lift activation at system power-up; eliminates need for a separate AV control system
Easy to configure and manage with AMS (Atlona Management System)
- Centralized, network-based configuration and management of Atlona IP-controllable products and systems
- Manage configuration and firmware updates for AV devices spanning a facility, building, enterprise, or residence
- Available as a cost-effective server appliance, or a free software download
- Device can be updated in the field via AMS or the web GUI
- USB port also available for firmware updates
Front panel power and signal status LEDs
- LED indicators provide power, HDBaseT link, and input selection status information
- Provides local, convenient setup and troubleshooting when network access is not available
Low-profile, 1.02 inch (26 mm) high enclosure
- Easy installation into confined spaces behind displays and above projectors
- Rack-mountable with the optional AT-RACK-1RU rack shelf
- Installation guide, surface mounting hardware, and external universal power supply
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in commercial and residential systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence