Atlona CLSO Series
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is part of the Atlona CLSO Series of multi-format switchers and matrix switchers for presentation AV systems. The CLSO Series features built-in HDBaseT extension, plus powerful control and audio system integration features. See below for more information.
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 features an HDBaseT output and is compatible with Atlona UHD-EX Series receivers. This switcher can conveniently be controlled by the ANC-108D button control panel.
The Atlona AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is an advanced six-input, multi-format switcher with built-in 4K scaling and mirrored HDBaseT and HDMI outputs. It simplifies classroom and small office system integration by providing four HDMI and two multi-function analog inputs. The CLSO-601 is designed to be the central component of an automated AV system. Automatic display control powers the display automatically whenever a source is connected or disconnected. Automatic input selection on the CLSO-601 works by sensing the presence of any video signal.
The CLSO-601 combines the benefits of a scaling switcher with automatic display control and automatic input selection, and the advantages of HDBaseT signal transmission to extend AV, power, control, and Ethernet over a single cable. The switcher enables input selection from the front panel, RS-232, or TCP/IP commands. The CLSO-601 is ideal for applications where multiple signals with different resolutions must be optimized for a display. Professional audio features such as a microphone input with 48 volt phantom power and ducking are also included, allowing the switcher to address a wide array of AV needs often encountered in classrooms, conference rooms, boardrooms, training rooms, and other presentation settings. In addition to automated input selection, the switcher can be controlled via the Atlona AT-ANC-108D button control panel.
Automatic Display Control
The CLSO-601 provides control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the CLSO-601 can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the CLSO-601 forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The CLSO-601’s display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
A power button on the front panel can be used for manual on/off control of either the CLSO-601 or the display. Front panel volume controls are also available to control the display’s internal audio, or another device with volume control, such as a DSP or another switcher.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
The CLSO-601 automatically selects an input source based on detection of the 5 volt hot plug detect (HPD) signal, as well as active video. This ensures reliable auto-switching operation for all video sources, including DVRs, DisplayPort / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and other devices that always maintain the HPD line at the 5 volt “high” state but may not be delivering active video.
RS-232 Distribution to Sources and Destinations
A bi-directional RS-232 connection is available at every local input and output on the CLSO-601. Along with RS-232 signal distribution built into each HDBaseT link, the switcher has a powerful capability to route control signals to each source and display as a separate zone. The CLSO-601 lowers the cost of a third-party control system by allowing one with fewer RS-232 interfaces. For further integration convenience, the CLSO-601 can extend Ethernet from a control processor, and features IP to RS-232 translation for converting TCP/IP commands to RS-232. This provides the flexibility of extending TCP/IP or RS-232 control to the display over HDBaseT.
- Complete system applications – The CLSO-601 provides a comprehensive yet value-oriented AV integration solution for classrooms, huddle rooms, small conference rooms, and other presentation spaces.
(See this featured application as an example, and read about the CLSO-601 in this case study.)
- Conference rooms and meeting rooms – The CLSO-601 conveniently provides automatic switching and display control for simplified user operation, especially when laptops are brought into the system.
- Presentation spaces where two displays are needed – This switcher can be installed in a lectern to serve a confidence monitor, plus the primary display in a remote location.
Configured and Managed by AMS
The Atlona Management System (AMS) is a powerful network software platform ideal for configuring, managing, and monitoring the CLSO-601 and other Atlona IP-controllable devices over a LAN, WAN, or VPN. AMS is available free from Atlona, and greatly streamlines installation and maintenance of several Atlona products throughout a facility or enterprise, from a standard web browser.
Four HDMI inputs
- Digital inputs to support up to four DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort sources
- Works with PCs, Blu-ray players, document cameras, teleconference systems, wireless solutions with industry standard digital audio/video outputs
Two multi-function analog inputs on 15-pin HD connectors
- Accepts RGBHV, component, S-video, or composite signals using common adaptors and break out cables
- Provides input options for legacy analog sources
Mirrored, dual outputs on HDBaseT and HDMI
- Supports dual display applications with both local and extended distance displays up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Eliminates cost associated with extra extension components; simplifies installation. HDMI output allows additional HDBaseT transmitter for dual long distance applications
Automatic display control
- Automatically changes projector power state based on active or standby mode of switcher. Control signals transmitted via CEC, IP, or RS-232.
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems. Enables display and volume control. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays.
Automatic input selection using video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems
4K/UHD @ 30 Hz capability
- Compatible with Ultra High Definition sources and displays
- Supports high resolution applications such as CAD, desktop publishing, and detailed financial reporting
Built-in 4K scaler
- Scales to and from most resolutions up to 4K to optimize content from any source to any monitor or projector up to 4K. Down-scaling allows 4K sources to be displayed at 1080p or less.
- Eliminates the need for external scaling components
AV, Ethernet, and control over HDBaseT
- Delivers 4K/UHD video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, and control through a single cable
- Eliminates multiple cable runs between source, control system router and display
Power over Ethernet for remote-powered HDBaseT receiver
- Industry standard IEEE 802.3af PoE supplied by the switcher over HDBaseT
- No local AC outlet required saves time and integration costs
TCP/IP, RS-232, and IR, control of switcher
- Flexible control options for compatibility with third-party control systems; RS-232 controlled from HDBaseT connection
- Reduces integration time and costs
- Manages EDID communications between source and switcher; allows integrators to force sources to preferred resolution
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system; eliminates the need for EDID management device
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays and teleconference systems while protected content is not transmitted
- HDCP compliance can be switched on/off from control systems for use with non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and codecs
Balanced line/mic input with 48V phantom power
- Provides professional audio input for wired and wireless microphones
- Saves installation costs by eliminating external audio mixer
Microphone ducking with advanced controls
- Automatically reduces program audio levels when mic is used
- Ensures optimized voice-over performance
- De-embeds PCM audio from HDMI inputs to analog audio output
- Provides audio signal routing to sound system
Independent audio input switching
- Switches analog audio inputs separately from video sources; allows analog audio signal embedding for DVI sources
- Simplifies audio signal management from DVI sources
Balanced, stereo audio output on 6-pin captive screw connector
- Interfaces with analog commercial sound systems
- Maintains proper audio gain structure; eliminates adaptors
Adjustable volume and EQ
- Features independent gain control for each input, master audio level control, bass and treble EQ adjustment
- Optimizes audio signals eliminating the need for an external mixer
Front panel volume and mute controls
- Volume up and volume down buttons adjust output level to sound system
- Provides quick level adjustment for operators
Easy, GUI-based configuration using integrated web server
- Offers menu-based configuration of network settings, RS-232 settings, input switching, EDID and HDCP management and audio
- Allows fast configuration of internal product settings and troubleshooting from a tablet, smart phone or PC in the field
IP to RS-232 translation
- Converts TCP/IP commands to RS-232 commands for output to external devices
- Enables single IP connection to control processor to control both IP and RS-232 connected devices. Faster installation
Eight RS-232 ports
- Multiple bidirectional, RS-232 ports to control other devices in the system
- Reduces cost associated with complex control processors
Ethernet, RS-232 and IR HDBaseT insertion
- Adds control signals to the HDBaseT transmission including Ethernet, RS-232 and bi-directional IR
- Simplifies display control from third-party control systems
Rack mountable 1U, full rack width enclosure
- Installs easily in rack mounted systems with included 19” rack and wall mount brackets
- Reduces installation time and cost
Works with AMS
- This IP-controllable product can be remotely managed by the Atlona Management System software
- Integrates product configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
- User guide, desktop power supply, detachable power cable, IR hand held remote control, rack mount bracket kit
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence