Atlona HDVS Series
The AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP is part of the Atlona HDVS Series of HDBaseT extenders with AV switching and scaling, plus automatic display control and automatic input selection. See below for a complete listing of transmitters and receivers.
* To achieve optimal HDBaseT performance, CAT6a or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable is highly recommended.
** Not a member of the HDVS Series, but includes many of the same convenient features without HDBaseT extension.
The AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP is compatible with the AT-HDVS-200-RX receiver and HD scaler, and can also provide remote 4K/UHD input switching for Atlona HDBaseT-equipped switchers and matrix switchers. Additionally, the AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP is ideal for 4K/UHD extension to the AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX-PSE receiver – available together as the 4K-HDVS-WP-EXT kit.
See below for a complete listing of compatible products.
The Atlona AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP is a 2×1 switcher and HDBaseT transmitter with an HDMI input plus a VGA input with audio. The HDVS-200-TX-WP features a US two-gang, Decora-style wallplate form factor. Video signals up to 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling, plus embedded audio, control, and Ethernet can be transmitted up to 330 feet (100 meters). The two-channel audio input can be assigned to either video input and embedded for HDBaseT transmission. The HDVS-200-TX-WP is designed for use with the AT-HDVS-200-RX receiver and HD scaler, but can also be used with the AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX-PSE receiver for 4K/UHD extension, as well as Atlona switchers and matrix switchers with HDBaseT inputs. This transmitter can serve as an integral component of a fully automated AV system, with the convenience of automatic input selection and display control. It is remotely powered by the HDVS-200-RX or other Atlona HDBaseT-equipped devices through Power over Ethernet (PoE).
All-in-One Switcher, Controller, and Extender
The HDVS-200-TX-WP combines the benefits of auto-switching and integrated display control, and the advantages of HDBaseT signal transmission. It enables input selection, volume, and display on/off control from the front panel or external RS-232 or TCP/IP commands. The HDVS-200-TX-WP incorporates many popular integration convenience features while delivering excellent value for classrooms, huddle rooms, and meeting spaces.
Automatic Display Control
The HDVS-200-TX-WP provides control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the HDVS-200-TX-WP can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the HDVS-200-TX-WP forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The HDVS-200-TX-WP display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
A power button on the front panel can be used for manual on/off control of either the HDVS-200-TX-WP or the display. Front panel volume controls are also available to control the display’s internal audio, or another device with volume control, such as a DSP or another switcher.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
The HDVS-200-TX-WP automatically selects an input source based on detection of the 5 volt hot plug detect (HPD) signal, as well as active video. This ensures reliable auto-switching operation for all video sources, including DVRs, DisplayPort / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and other devices that always maintain the HPD line at the 5 volt “high” state but may not be delivering active video.
- Complete system applications – The HDVS-200-TX-WP and HDVS-200-RX together provide a compact, yet comprehensive and cost-effective system integration solution with automatic input selection, HDBaseT extension, display control capabilities, room control, and essential audio processing.
(See this featured application as an example.)
- Larger system applications – The HDVS-200-TX-WP is ideal for extending AV connectivity from a central equipment rack to lecterns as well as remote wall and floor box locations, where presenters can easily access the system.
(See these featured applications as examples: small conference room, larger conference room, and divisible room.)
Configured and Managed by AMS
The Atlona Management System (AMS) is a powerful network software platform ideal for configuring, managing, and monitoring the HDVS-200-TX-WP and other Atlona IP-controllable devices over a LAN, WAN, or VPN. AMS is available free from Atlona, and greatly streamlines installation and maintenance of several Atlona products throughout a facility or enterprise, from a standard web browser.
US two-gang enclosure for Decora-style wallplate openings
- Allows inconspicuous installation on a wall, in furniture, or in a floor box
- Includes white wallplate
- Ships with Ethernet port concealed – interchangeable faceplate included with port opening
- Also available in black – AT-HDVS-200-TX-WP-BLK
2×1 HDBaseT switcher
- Features an HDMI input plus a VGA input with audio
- Allows advanced HDMI display devices to be used with legacy VGA sources
- Audio input can be assigned to either video input
- Audio-only playback available without video signal present
Remotely powered via PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3af PoE Powered Device (PD)
- Power for transmitter is supplied by AT-HDVS-200-RX receiver or other Atlona device over HDBaseT
- Saves time and integration costs
Automatic display control
- Automatically changes display power state based on active or standby mode of the switcher. Control signals to display are transmitted via IP, RS-232, or CEC.
- Enables display and volume control. CEC enables control of consumer displays.
- Eliminates the need for a complex AV control system
Automatic input selection using hot plug detect and video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Enables simplified, automatic system operation with no user intervention necessary
TCP/IP and RS-232 control of switcher
- Flexible control options for compatibility with third-party control systems
- Reduces integration time and costs
4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling
- Compatible with sources up to 4K/60 4:2:0 and 4K/30 4:4:4
- Allows 4K/UHD transmission when used with a compatible HDBaseT-equipped display or HDBaseT receiver
Extended distance HDBaseT extension
- Transmits AV, control, and Ethernet up to 330 feet (100 meters) @ 1080p with CAT5e/6 or 4K/UHD using CAT6a/7 cable
- Uses easy-to-integrate category cable for low-cost, reliable system installation
- Manages EDID communications between source and switcher; allows integrators to force a source to a preferred resolution
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
- HDCP compliance can be disengaged through AMS or a control system
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and teleconference systems; protected content is not transmitted
Front panel input select button
- Overrides auto-switching when more than one active source is present
- Simple manual operation allows presenter to maintain control of AV system
Front panel display on/off control
- Remotely controls display power state
- Alternate mode available to mute video output and send display into standby
- Eliminates need for manual operation of display or use of IR remote control
Front panel volume control
- Remotely controls a display’s internal audio volume using TCP/IP or RS-232
- Muting also available via AMS or third-party control system
- Eliminates need for manual operation of display or use of IR remote control
Configured and managed by AMS (Atlona Management System)
- This IP-controllable product is remotely managed by the Atlona Management System software
- Integrates product configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
- USB port provides an easy means for device updates
- Ensures long-term system return on investment
Front panel power and input selection status LEDs
- LED indicators provide power and input selection status information
- Provides easy setup and troubleshooting
- User guide, white wallplate, and interchangeable faceplate with Ethernet port opening
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in commercial and residential systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence