Wallplate Switcher for HDMI and USB-C®
The Atlona AT-OME-TX21-WP-E is a 2×1 switcher and HDBaseT transmitter with HDMI and USB-C inputs. It is designed for commercial installations in Europe. Part of the Omega™ Series of integration products for modern AV communications and collaboration, the OME-TX21-WP-E includes interchangeable EU and UK faceplates and brackets. The USB-C input is ideal for AV interfacing with Mac®, Chromebook™, and Windows® PCs, as well as smartphones and tablets. Video signals up to 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling, plus embedded audio and control can be transmitted up to 330 feet (100 meters). The OME-TX21-WP-E is HDCP 2.2 compliant. It is designed for use with Omega™ Series receivers and switchers, as well as other Atlona switchers with HDBaseT inputs. This transmitter can serve as an integral component of a fully automated AV system, with the convenience of automatic input selection and display control. It is remotely powered by the receiver or switcher over HDBaseT.
All-in-One Switcher, Controller, and Extender
The OME-TX21-WP-E combines the benefits of auto-switching, integrated display control, and HDBaseT signal transmission. It also enables input selection, volume, and display on/off control from external RS-232 or TCP/IP commands. The OME-TX21-WP-E incorporates many popular integration convenience features while delivering excellent value for classrooms, huddle rooms, and meeting spaces.
Automatic Display Control
The OME-TX21-WP-E provides control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the OME-TX21-WP-E can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the OME-TX21-WP-E forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The OME-TX21-WP-E display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
The OME-TX21-WP-E automatically selects an input source based on detection of the 5 volt hot plug detect (HPD) signal, as well as active video. This ensures reliable auto-switching operation for all video sources, including DVRs, DisplayPort / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and other devices that always maintain the HPD line at the 5 volt “high” state but may not be delivering active video.
- Complete system integration – The OME-TX21-WP-E and a compatible HDBaseT receiver provide a compact, yet comprehensive and cost-effective integration solution.
- Larger system applications – The OME-TX21-WP-E is ideal for extending AV connectivity from a central equipment rack to lecterns as well as remote wall and floor box locations, where presenters can easily access the system.
Two-gang enclosure for EU and UK wallplate openings – interchangeable EU and UK trim kits
- Allows inconspicuous installation on a wall, in furniture, or in a floor box
- Includes EU and UK faceplates and brackets
- Ships with EU white plate installed
2×1 HDBaseT switcher with HDMI and USB-C inputs
- Immediate compatibility with laptops and tablets with USB-C ports supporting AV*
- No need to provide USB-C to HDMI adapters
- * USB-C port does not support USB data or device powering.
HDBaseT transmitter for AV, power, and control up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Transmits 4K/UHD video up to 330 feet (100 meters) with CAT6/6a/7 cable, or up to 295 feet (90 meters) using CAT5e cable*
- Uses easy-to-integrate category cable for low-cost, reliable system installation
- Can easily be mixed and matched with Atlona power sourcing (PSE) receivers and HDBaseT-equipped switchers depending on system design requirements
- * To achieve optimal HDBaseT performance, CAT6a or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable is highly recommended.
4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling
- Compatible with sources up to 4K/60 4:2:0 and 4K/30 4:4:4
- Allows 4K/UHD transmission when used with a compatible HDBaseT-equipped display or HDBaseT receiver
HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Adheres to latest specification for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection*
- Allows protected content stream to pass between authenticated devices
- * HDBaseT receiver or switcher must also be HDCP 2.2 compliant.
Remotely powered over HDBaseT
- Industry standard IEEE 802.3af PoE is supplied by an Atlona receiver or switcher over HDBaseT
- Allows convenient wall, floor box, or furniture installation without the need for local AC power
Automatic display control
- Automatically changes display power state based on active or standby mode of the switcher. Control signals to display are transmitted via IP, RS-232, or CEC.
- Enables display and volume control. CEC enables control of consumer displays (as supported by the display manufacturer).
- Includes an adjustable lamp cooldown mode to avoid prematurely powering up a projector after shutdown
- Eliminates the need for a complex AV control system
Automatic input selection using hot plug detect and video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Enables simplified, automatic system operation without user intervention
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Passes through multi-channel audio formats from the HDMI or USB-C inputs
- Supports PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, DTS® Digital Surround™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™
- Manages EDID communications with the source through a display’s EDID or internally stored EDID
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
- Automatically reports HDCP compliance status to the source based on the sink device
- HDCP compliance can also be disengaged through AMS or a control system
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and teleconference systems; protected content is not transmitted
Integrated HDBaseT link status monitoring
- Tests integrity of the HDBaseT cable link between the transmitter and the receiver
- Web GUI provides real-time link status
- Quick, easy verification or troubleshooting of RJ-45 termination or twisted pair cable quality
Intuitive GUI-based configuration using integrated web server
- Offers menu-based configuration of device settings including network access, input switching, display control, HDCP and EDID management, and more
- Allows fast configuration of internal product settings and troubleshooting from a mobile device or PC in the field
TCP/IP and RS-232 control
- Flexible control options for compatibility with the Atlona Velocity™ control system, as well as other third-party control systems
- TCP/IP control available through a compatible receiver or HDBaseT-equipped switcher – such as the AT-OME-RX11, AT-OME-RX21, AT-OME-RX31, and AT-OME-PS62
- Reduces integration time and costs
Easy to configure and manage with AMS (Atlona Management System)
- Centralized, network-based configuration and management of Atlona IP-controllable products and systems
- Manage configuration and firmware updates for AV devices spanning a facility, building, enterprise, or residence
- Available as a cost-effective server appliance, or a free software download
- Device can be updated in the field via AMS or the web GUI
- USB port also available for firmware updates
Front panel power and signal status LEDs
- LED indicators provide power, HDBaseT link, and input selection status information
- Provides local, convenient setup and troubleshooting when network access is not available
- Installation guide
- Interchangeable EU and UK trim kits
- 2 meter (6.5 foot) USB-C male-to-male cable (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in commercial and residential systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence