Atlona CLSO Series
The AT-UHD-CLSO-612ED is part of the Atlona CLSO Series of multi-format switchers and matrix switchers for presentation AV systems. The CLSO Series features built-in HDBaseT extension, plus powerful control and audio system integration features. See below for more information.
The AT-UHD-CLSO-612ED features HDBaseT input and output, and is compatible with Atlona UHD-EX and HDVS-200 Series transmitters and receivers. This switcher can conveniently be controlled by the ANC-108D button control panel.
The Atlona AT-UHD-CLSO-612ED is an advanced six-input, multi-format switcher with built-in 4K scaling and mirrored HDBaseT and HDMI outputs. It simplifies classroom and small office system integration by providing two HDBaseT inputs, two HDMI inputs, and two multi-function analog inputs. HDBaseT inputs enable integration of remote sources at lecterns, meeting tables, and walls via HDBaseT transmission, alongside locally connected sources. The CLSO-612ED is designed to be the central component of an automated AV system. Automatic display control powers the display automatically whenever a source is connected or disconnected. Automatic input selection on the CLSO-612ED works by sensing the presence of any video signal.
The CLSO-612ED combines the benefits of a scaling switcher with automatic display control and automatic input selection, and the advantages of HDBaseT signal transmission to extend AV, power, control, and Ethernet over a single cable. The switcher enables input selection from the front panel, RS-232, or TCP/IP commands. The CLSO-612ED is ideal for applications where multiple signals with different resolutions must be optimized for a display. Professional audio features such as a microphone input with 48 volt phantom power and ducking are also included, allowing the switcher to address a wide array of AV needs often encountered in classrooms, conference rooms, boardrooms, training rooms, and other presentation settings. In addition to automated input selection, the switcher can be controlled via the Atlona AT-ANC-108D button control panel.
Automatic Display Control
The CLSO-612ED provides control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the CLSO-612ED can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected, whether locally to the switcher or over HDBaseT. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the CLSO-612ED forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The CLSO-612ED’s display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
A power button on the front panel can be used for manual on/off control of either the CLSO-612ED or the display. Front panel volume controls are also available to control the display’s internal audio, or another device with volume control, such as a DSP or another switcher.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
The CLSO-612ED automatically selects an input source based on detection of the 5 volt hot plug detect (HPD) signal, as well as active video. This ensures reliable auto-switching operation for all video sources, including DVRs, DisplayPort / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and other devices that always maintain the HPD line at the 5 volt “high” state but may not be delivering active video.
RS-232 Distribution to Sources and Destinations
A bi-directional RS-232 connection is available at every local input and output on the CLSO-612ED. Along with RS-232 signal distribution built into each HDBaseT link, the switcher has a powerful capability to route control signals to each source and display as a separate zone. The CLSO-612ED lowers the cost of a third-party control system by allowing one with fewer RS-232 interfaces. For further integration convenience, the CLSO-612ED can extend Ethernet from a control processor, and features IP to RS-232 translation for converting TCP/IP commands to RS-232. This provides the flexibility of extending TCP/IP or RS-232 control to remote devices over HDBaseT.
- Complete system applications – The CLSO-612ED provides a comprehensive yet value-oriented AV integration solution for classrooms, conference rooms, and other presentation spaces.
(See this featured application as an example, and read about the CLSO-612ED in this case study.)
- Lecture halls and various meeting spaces – Presentations may be given from two separate locations, both remote from the lectern, equipment rack, or credenza.
- Conference rooms and meeting rooms – The CLSO-612ED conveniently provides automatic switching and display control for simplified user operation, especially when laptops are brought into the system.
- Presentation spaces where two displays are needed – This switcher can be installed in a lectern to serve a confidence monitor, plus the primary display in a remote location.
Configured and Managed by AMS
The Atlona Management System (AMS) is a powerful network software platform ideal for configuring, managing, and monitoring the CLSO-612ED and other Atlona IP-controllable devices over a LAN, WAN, or VPN. AMS is available free from Atlona, and greatly streamlines installation and maintenance of several Atlona products throughout a facility or enterprise, from a standard web browser.
Two Ethernet-enabled HDBaseT inputs
- Works with Atlona HDVS-150/200 or AT-UHD-EX-100CE-TX-PD series transmitters for placement at remote sources near lecterns, conference tables, and instructor’s desks up to 330 feet (100 meters) from the switcher
- Simplifies integration of remote sources by eliminating power supplies when used with PoE-powered transmitters. Single category cable carries AV signals, Ethernet, control and PoE power
Two HDMI inputs
- Digital inputs to support two DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort sources
- Works with PCs, Blu-ray players, document cameras, teleconference systems, wireless solutions with industry standard digital AV outputs
Two multi-function analog inputs on 15-pin HD connectors
- Accepts RGBHV, component, S-video, or composite signals using common adaptors and breakout cables
- Provides input options for legacy analog sources
Automatic display control
- Automatically changes projector power state based on active or standby mode of switcher. Control signals transmitted via CEC, IP, or RS-232
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems. Enables display and volume control. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays
- Any product that has mirrored output with HDMI and HDBaseT will have CEC functionality through the HDBaseT output
Automatic input selection using video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Eliminates need for complex control system in AV systems
RS-232 control signal distribution
- Dedicated RS-232 connections for all local sources and destinations plus transmission over HDBaseT allow the switcher to be used as a RS232 distribution system to all local and remote sources and displays
- Lowers the cost of control system integration by reducing the number of RS-232 interfaces on the processor
4K/UHD @ 30 Hz capability
- Compatible with Ultra High Definition sources and displays
- Supports high resolution applications such as CAD, desktop publishing, and detailed financial reporting
Built-in 4K scaler
- Scales to and from most resolutions up to 4K to optimize content from any source to any monitor or projector up to 4K. Down-scaling allows 4K sources to be displayed at 1080p or less.
- Eliminates the need for external scaling components. Preferred input resolution can be easily set for best results
Mirrored, dual outputs on HDBaseT and HDMI
- Supports dual display applications with both local and extended distance displays up to 330 feet (100 meters); designed to work directly with HDBaseT-capable displays and Atlona AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX receivers
- Eliminates cost associated with extra distribution and extension components; simplifies installation. HDMI output allows additional HDBaseT transmitter for dual long distance applications.
AV and control over HDBaseT
- Delivers 4K/UHD video, audio, Ethernet, and control through a single cable
- Eliminates multiple cable runs between source, control system, and display
PoE for remote-powered HDBaseT receivers and transmitters
- Provides remote power to Atlona EX-100CE-TX-PD and HDVS-150/200 series of transmitters and UHD-EX-100CE-RX receivers over the same category cable used for AV and control signals
- Eliminates local AC outlet required for extender device, cleans up the installation behind displays, plus saves time and integration costs
TCP/IP, RS-232, and IR control of switcher
- Compatibility with third-party control systems provides flexible control options, RS-232 controlled from HDBaseT connection
- Reduces integration time and costs
- Manages EDID communications between source and switcher; allows integrators to force sources to preferred resolution
- Ensures desired audio formats* and video resolutions are provided to the AV system; eliminates the need for EDID management device
- * The CLSO-612ED only supports two-channel PCM audio.
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays and teleconference systems while protected content is not transmitted
- HDCP compliance can be switched on/off from control systems for use with non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and codecs
Balanced line/mic input with 48V phantom power
- Provides professional audio input for wired and wireless microphones
- Saves installation costs by eliminating external audio mixer
Microphone ducking with advanced controls
- Automatically reduces program audio levels when mic is used
- Ensures optimized voice-over performance
- De-embeds PCM audio from HDMI inputs to analog audio output
- Provides audio signal routing to sound system
Independent audio input switching
- Switches analog audio inputs separately from video sources; allows analog audio signal embedding for DVI sources
- Simplifies audio signal management from DVI sources
Balanced, stereo audio output on 6-pin captive screw connector
- +4 DB nominal audio interfaces with analog commercial sound systems
- Maintains proper audio gain structure; eliminates adaptors
Adjustable volume and EQ
- Features independent gain control for each input, master audio level control, bass and treble EQ adjustment
- Optimizes audio signals eliminating the need for an external mixer
Front panel volume and mute controls
- Volume up and volume down buttons adjust output level to sound system
- Provides quick level adjustment for operators
Easy, GUI-based configuration using integrated web server
- Offers menu-based configuration of network settings, RS-232 settings, input switching, EDID and HDCP management and audio
- Allows fast configuration of internal product settings and troubleshooting from a tablet, smart phone or PC in the field
IP to RS-232 translation
- Converts TCP/IP commands to RS-232 commands for output to external devices
- Enables single IP connection to control processor to control both IP and RS-232 connected devices. Faster installation
Nine RS-232 I/O ports
- Six RS-232 ports and three HDBaseT RS-232 ports to control other devices in the system
- Reduces cost associated with complex control processors
RS-232 and IR HDBaseT insertion
- Adds control signals to the HDBaseT transmission including RS-232 and bi-directional IR
- Simplifies display control from third-party control systems
Rack mountable 1U, full rack width enclosure
- Installs easily in rack mounted systems with included 19” rack and wall mount brackets
- Reduces installation time and cost
Works with AMS
- This IP-controllable product can be remotely managed by the Atlona Management System software
- Integrates product configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
- User guide, desktop power supply, detachable power cable, IR hand held remote control, rack mount bracket kit
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems