Atlona CLSO Series
The AT-UHD-CLSO-840 is part of the Atlona CLSO Series of multi-format switchers and matrix switchers for presentation AV systems. The CLSO Series features built-in HDBaseT extension, plus powerful control and audio system integration features. See below for more information.
The AT-UHD-CLSO-840 features HDBaseT inputs and outputs, and is compatible with Atlona UHD-EX and HDVS-200 Series transmitters and receivers.
The Atlona AT-UHD-CLSO-840 is a 4K/UHD 8×4 matrix switcher for HDMI and HDBaseT with eight inputs, four discrete outputs, flexible audio integration capabilities, and Ethernet-enabled 100 meter HDBaseT extension with PoE remote device powering. It is highly versatile and ideal for presentation environments with content on multiple displays, as well as videoconferencing, presentation capture, and divisible rooms.
The CLSO-840 supports resolutions up to 4K/UHD at 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling. Ethernet pass-through allows HDBaseT Ethernet extension from a control system or network. Audio system integration is streamlined with audio embedding and de-embedding, independent audio matrix switching, dedicated input and output gain controls, and a five-band EQ for each output. The CLSO-840 is configured and managed using Atlona Management System software to simplify installation and enable remote monitoring and support.
HDBaseT Inputs and Outputs with PoE for Remote Endpoints
The CLSO-840 features three HDBaseT and five HDMI inputs. There are four discrete outputs, including two HDBaseT and two HDMI outputs. This matrix switcher is ideal for use with the UHD-EX Series and HDVS-200 Series transmitters and receivers. The CLSO-840 can conveniently power connected HDBaseT devices via Power over Ethernet.
Audio Integration Features
The CLSO-840 is designed for simplified integration with a codec and audio DSP. It is equipped with independent 8×4 matrix switching for two-channel audio de-embedded from the video inputs. This matrix switcher also includes four two-channel analog audio inputs for embedding audio directly onto the corresponding numbered HDMI and HDBaseT outputs. The CLSO-840 features input and output gain controls, as well as a five-band equalizer for each output.
Extends Ethernet and RS-232 Control to Endpoints
This matrix switcher can extend Ethernet from a control processor, and features IP to RS-232 translation for converting TCP/IP commands to RS-232. This provides the flexibility of extending TCP/IP or RS-232 control to remote devices over HDBaseT.
- Conference rooms, auditoriums, and other environments – Integrate primary displays, auxiliary displays, and confidence monitors, and also designate one of the HDBaseT outputs to serve an overflow room.
- Videoconferencing systems – The CLSO-840 lets you design for one or two displays, and even tie into an additional system for AV streaming or recording presentations.
- Divisible rooms with up to four displays – The four discrete outputs allow many system design possibilities, including the ability to share resources such as codecs and lecture capture devices.
(See this featured application as an example.)
Configured and Managed by AMS
The Atlona Management System (AMS) is a powerful network software platform ideal for configuring, managing, and monitoring the CLSO-840 and other Atlona IP-controllable devices over a LAN, WAN, or VPN. AMS is available free from Atlona, and greatly streamlines installation and maintenance of several Atlona products throughout a facility or enterprise, from a standard web browser.
8×4 matrix switcher with HDBaseT and HDMI inputs and outputs
- Three HDBaseT and five HDMI inputs; two HDBaseT and two HDMI outputs
- Integrates local and remote sources and destinations based on AV application requirements
- Allows a wide array of system designs with multiple displays, videoconferencing, presentation capture, divisible room configurations, and more
4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling
- Compatible with sources and displays up to 4K/60 4:2:0 and 4K/30 4:4:4
- Supports high resolution applications such as CAD, 3D visualization, desktop publishing, and detailed financial reporting
Extended distance HDMI extension
- Delivers AV, control, and Ethernet up to 330 feet (100 meters) @ 1080p with CAT5e/6 or 4K/UHD using CAT6a/7 cable
- Use easy-to-integrate network cabling between sources, control system, matrix switcher, network, and displays
8×4 audio matrix switching for de-embedded audio
- Allows independent routing of HDMI de-embedded stereo audio to four analog outputs
- Integrates easily with audio destinations including DSPs, sound reinforcement systems, and videoconferencing codecs
HDMI audio embedding
- Dedicated inputs allow two-channel source audio to be embedded directly onto HDMI and HDBaseT outputs
- Deliver audio from a DSP or videoconferencing codec to a display
PoE power source – remotely powers PoE-compatible transmitters and receivers
- IEEE 802.3af PoE Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE)
- Delivers power to PoE-compatible HDBaseT devices including the Atlona HDVS and UHD-EX Series
- Allows convenient installation at a lectern, conference table, wall, or display without the need for local AC power
HDCP 1.4 compliant
- Adheres to version 1.4 specification for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
- Allows protected content stream to pass between devices
- Manages EDID communications between source and switcher; allows integrators to force a source to a preferred resolution
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
- HDCP compliance can be disengaged through AMS or a control system
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and teleconference systems; protected content is not transmitted
Configured and managed by AMS (Atlona Management System)
- This IP-controllable product is remotely managed by the Atlona Management System software
- Integrates product configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
TCP/IP and RS-232 control
- Compatibility with third-party control systems provides flexible control options
- Reduces integration time and costs
IP to RS-232 translation
- Converts TCP/IP commands to RS-232 commands for output to external devices over HDBaseT
- Enables single IP connection to control processor to control both IP and RS-232 connected devices at remote endpoints
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Supports PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X™
Front panel button controls and LCD menu display
- Matrix switcher can conveniently be controlled, configured, and monitored from the front panel
- Provides easy setup, user operation, and troubleshooting
Rack mountable 2U, full-rack width enclosure
- Installs easily in rack mounted systems with included 19” rack mount brackets
- Reduces installation time and cost
- User guide, rack mounting brackets, power cable (US), and captive screw connectors
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in commercial and residential systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence