AMS Product Compatibility
Below is a list of products currently supported by the Atlona Management System. Please contact your Atlona representative for the latest information regarding product support availability.
The Atlona Management System (AMS) is a free, powerful software resource for select Atlona IP-controllable products in commercial, educational, government and residential environments. It integrates product configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support. Comprehensive features include: automatic search and detection of Atlona products; device configuration in single or multiple sites; configuration backup, automatic or user-triggered firmware upgrades, and an intuitive graphical user interface. AMS is based on a distributed architecture where multiple installed AV devices can be managed from a single server. Using the simple, web browser-based user interface, the operator can drill-down from a high-level network view to an individual device. The operator can choose to manage systems either locally (LAN) or from a remote location (WAN).
Scalable Remote Management
AMS is ideal for use in multi-device AV installations. It is scalable to any size installation. Remote management capabilities of AMS enable AV technicians to manage, operate and maintain AV systems from anywhere and anytime using a common web browser – requires access to the network on which the server is installed. AMS will auto-detect installed Atlona devices, retrieve and backup current configurations, copy the configuration of one Atlona device to other, similar devices, and perform firmware upgrades without a technician actually touching the Atlona device. AMS allows the technician to configure Atlona devices offline and push configurations once the devices are online.
Network management and configuration of Atlona IP-controllable products
- Hierarchical AV system mapping with System, Site, and Equipment levels. Provides full management, configuration and firmware update capabilities
- Reduces system configuration time prior to being on-site as well as on location time.. Reduces potential for post-installation site visits
Web-based Graphic User Interface
- Provides easy-to-use and user-friendly graphical illustration of connections between Atlona equipment. Allows operator to access installed system for configuration, firmware updates and network monitoring using any browser
- Works with any device that supports web browsers. Reduces learning curve for technicians and operators
Distributed management architecture
- Provides management capabilities for multisystem and multi-site network systems. Allows operator to drill down from high-level network view to the individual device
- Streamlines management of Atlona products in a large system
Firmware download management
- Enables operators to download system-level embedded firmware and to upgrade Atlona devices from a centralized location
- Simplifies firmware updates and eliminates opportunities for multiple firmware versions on devices in the system
Automatic firmware upgrade
- Provides ability to automate firmware upgrades including multiple devices simultaneously. Provides firmware update pass/fail report.
- Ensures all Atlona products are running latest updates
Remote configuration management
- Performs full configuration backup with ability to map configuration to device MAC address, enables configuration push when replacing units, and offers configuration cloning of similar products
- Reduces installation time and minimizes configuration issues. Eliminates need for on-site technician to perform firmware updates or disaster recovery.
Automatic Atlona device detection
- Ability to detect installed Atlona devices with product, model, and IP address information
- Automates initial set-up of AMS and eliminates opportunity for incorrect IP addressing