The Atlona AT-OME-ST31 is a 3×1 switcher and HDBaseT transmitter designed for remote powering, with HDMI and USB-C inputs. Part of the Omega™ Series of integration products for modern AV communications and collaboration, the OME-ST31 features mirrored HDMI and HDBaseT outputs and is HDCP 2.2 compliant. The USB-C input is ideal for AV interfacing with newer Mac®, Chromebook™, and Windows® PCs, as well as smartphones and tablets. Video signals up to 4K/60 4:2:0 can be transmitted over HDBaseT up to 330 feet (100 meters). All inputs and the local HDMI output support 4K HDR and 4K/60 4:4:4 at HDMI data rates up to 18 Gbps. Additionally, 4K downscaling to 1080 @ 60, 30, or 24 Hz is available for the HDMI output when connected to an HD sink. The OME-ST31 is designed for use with Omega Series receivers and switchers, select HDVS Series receivers such as the AT-HDVS-SC-RX scaler, the AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX receiver, and other Atlona switchers with HDBaseT inputs.
All-in-One Switcher, Controller, and Extender
This switching transmitter can serve as an integral component of a fully automated AV system, with the convenience of automatic input selection and display control. It can be remotely powered by Atlona HDBaseT-equipped devices through Power over Ethernet (PoE). With the optional power supply, the OME-ST31 can provide PoE powering to a compatible receiver, and also charge laptops and mobile devices through the USB-C port. For additional integration convenience, the OME-ST31 features analog audio embedding (to replace the HDMI or USB-C input audio), control via TCP/IP and RS-232, RS-232 insertion over HDBaseT, and remote management with Atlona Management System (AMS).
Automatic Display Control
The OME-ST31 provides control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the OME-ST31 can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the OME-ST31 forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The OME-ST31 display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
The OME-ST31 automatically selects an input source based on detection of the 5 volt hot plug detect (HPD) signal, as well as active video. This ensures reliable auto-switching operation for all video sources, including DVRs, DisplayPort / Mini DisplayPort adapters, and other devices that always maintain the HPD line at the 5 volt “high” state but may not be delivering active video.
- Complete system integration – The OME-ST31 and a compatible HDBaseT receiver provide a compact, yet comprehensive and cost-effective integration solution. When installed below a meeting table, the available Pocket™ 3H (AT-PKT-3H) provides convenient tabletop AV cable access for easy BYOD connectivity.
- Larger system applications – The OME-ST31 is ideal for extending AV connectivity from a central equipment rack to a meeting table or lectern, where presenters can easily access the system.
- Auditoriums and lecture halls – This switcher can be used for presenting 4K video content through the projector, while also optimizing for a 1080p confidence monitor.
The AT-OME-ST31 is ideal for 4K/UHD extension to the AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX-PSE or AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX receiver, and can also provide remote 4K/UHD input switching for Atlona HDBaseT-equipped switchers and matrix switchers. Additionally, the AT-OME-ST31 is compatible with the AT-HDVS-200-RX receiver and HD scaler, and the AT-HDVS-SC-RX receiver and 4K/UHD scaler.
See below for a complete listing of compatible products.
3×1 HDBaseT switcher with HDMI and USB-C inputs
- USB-C and two HDMI inputs
- Immediate compatibility with laptops and tablets with USB-C ports supporting AV*
- No need to provide USB-C to HDMI adapters
- * USB-C port supports AV and device charging (with optional AT-PS-245-D4 power supply), but not USB data.
Mirrored HDBaseT and HDMI outputs
- HDBaseT output transmits AV, control, and Ethernet up to 330 feet (100 meters) @ 1080p with CAT5e/6 or 4K/UHD using CAT6a/7 cable*
- Mirrored 18 Gbps HDMI and 10 Gbps HDBaseT outputs provide flexible options for AV system designs and applications
- * To achieve optimal HDBaseT performance, CAT6a or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable is highly recommended.
4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling on local ports (HDMI and USB-C), plus support for HDR formats
- HDBaseT output supports 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling
- Local HDMI and USB-C ports are compatible with 4K HDR10 @ 60 Hz and Dolby Vision™ @ 60 Hz, as well as HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) for future 60p HDR broadcast services
HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Adheres to latest specification for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection*
- Allows protected content stream to pass between authenticated devices
- * HDBaseT receiver or switcher must also be HDCP 2.2 compliant.
Selectable 4K to 1080 downscaling
- Integrated video processing available on the HDMI output for down-converting 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz to 1080
- Ideal for applications with 1080p displays and other HD sink devices
Remote PoE (Power over Ethernet) or local powering
- Industry standard IEEE 802.3af PoE is supplied by an Atlona receiver or switcher over HDBaseT
- Allows convenient switcher installation at a table or other remote location, without the need for local AC power
- Also can be locally powered by the optional AT-PS-245-D4 power supply – to supply PoE to a receiver and charge a USB-C mobile device
Automatic display control
- Automatically changes display power state based on active or standby mode of the switcher. Control signals to display are transmitted via IP, RS-232, or CEC.
- Enables display and volume control. CEC enables control of consumer displays (as supported by the display manufacturer).
- Also can be configured to power off display after a period of inactivity
- Eliminates the need for a complex AV control system
Automatic input selection using hot plug detect and video detection technology
- Selects active input when sources are connected or if there is a change in source power status
- Enables simplified, automatic system operation without user intervention
- Embeds incoming analog two-channel audio onto the HDMI and HDBaseT outputs
- Allows simple integration of audio from PCs
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Passes through multi-channel audio formats from the HDMI or USB-C inputs
- Supports PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS® Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X®
- Manages EDID communications with the source through a display’s EDID or internally stored EDID
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
- Automatically reports HDCP compliance status to the source based on the sink device
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays, streaming devices, and teleconference systems; protected content is not transmitted
- Displays a green splash screen as visual confirmation that protected content is being blocked from transmission to a non-compliant display
Integrated HDBaseT link status monitoring
- Tests integrity of the HDBaseT cable link between the transmitter and the receiver
- Web GUI provides real-time link status
- Quick, easy verification or troubleshooting of RJ-45 termination or twisted pair cable quality
Intuitive GUI-based configuration using integrated web server
- Offers menu-based configuration of device settings including network access, input switching, signal processing, display control, HDCP and EDID management, and more
- Allows fast configuration of internal product settings and troubleshooting from a mobile device or PC in the field
TCP/IP and RS-232 control
- Flexible control options for compatibility with the Atlona Velocity™ control system, as well as other third-party control systems
- Reduces integration time and costs
Easy to configure and manage with AMS (Atlona Management System)
- Centralized, network-based configuration and management of Atlona IP-controllable products and systems
- Manage configuration and firmware updates for AV devices spanning a facility, building, enterprise, or residence
- Available as a cost-effective server appliance, or a free software download
- Device can be updated in the field via AMS or the web GUI
- USB port also available for firmware updates
Front panel power and signal status LEDs
- LED indicators provide power, HDBaseT link, and input selection status information
- Provides local, convenient setup and troubleshooting when network access is not available
Low-profile, 1.02 inch (26 mm) high enclosure
- Easy installation into confined spaces below tables and in furniture
- Installation guide, surface mounting hardware, and 2 meter (6.5 foot) USB-C male-to-male cable (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in commercial and residential systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence