Single-Channel Networked AV Decoder
The Atlona OmniStream™ 521 (AT-OMNI-521) is a single-channel networked AV decoder for HDMI / HDCP 2.2 output supporting resolutions up to 4K @ 60 Hz and HDR (High Dynamic Range), and RS-232 or IR pass-through. It is part of the OmniStream R-Type Series, designed for high performance, flexible distribution of AV over standard, off-the-shelf Gigabit Ethernet switches in light commercial audiovisual applications. The OmniStream 521 is HDCP 2.2 compliant and ideal for the latest Ultra High-Definition and HDR sources. It features advanced high-quality, VC-2 visually lossless video compression, optimized for motion video content. The Atlona OmniStream 521 achieves extremely low, sub-frame latency when paired with OmniStream AV encoders. This single-channel decoder is housed in a half-width rack enclosure with front-to-back air flow, and is ideal for high-density, compact installation in distributed, multi-display installations.
Easy to Configure, Simple to Manage
OmniStream AV over IP systems are remarkably easy to set up and manage – whether for a meeting room, divisible room, or an entire university campus. Atlona Management System (AMS) 2.0 features automatic network device discovery, plus an intuitive web-based GUI that lets you configure virtual routing for AV, control, and data over the network – just as easily as you would with conventional AV matrix switching. AMS also streamlines and simplifies management of OmniStream systems through continuous system monitoring, notifications and alerts, event logging, multi-device configuration and backup, automated firmware updates, remote device control, and more.
- Multi-room or multi-zone AV systems – OmniStream R-Type enables cost-effective system design, allowing the connection of any number of sources to any number of displays. OmniStream delivers equal performance over new or legacy network cable infrastructure, including CAT 5e.
- Bars, restaurants, offices, meeting spaces, and other commercial environments – Expand the system by adding encoders and decoders, making video wall, digital signage, and many other applications simple and easy.
- High quality AV presentations – OmniStream R-Type delivers the uncompromising performance of traditional baseband video systems, making it ideal for applications where both image quality and low latency are crucial.
Atlona AV Over IP Certification
Atlona is pleased to offer Atlona AV Over IP Certification through free, InfoComm-certified and accredited online education courses. With AV Over IP Certification, you’ll have the credibility, knowledge, and confidence to inform your customers on the ideal networked AV system solutions for their requirements, and deliver quality sales and technical support whenever necessary.
Being certified by Atlona gives you priority and key advantages in selling and supporting OmniStream systems. For more information, please contact your Atlona sales representative.
Atlona Professional Services
Atlona provides project design, configuration and management services to system designers and integrators working with OmniStream AV over IP products. A trusted authority in providing support and guidance during the system design and deployment phases, Atlona will work with you to ensure optimal performance and efficiency in your AV over IP projects.
Contact us to get started and we will assign a dedicated engineer to guide you through the project from beginning to end. From creating a customized planner through commissioning to final on-site training, Atlona will provide each customer with the same exceptional level of care and support regardless of size. See our overview of our OmniStream Professional Services:
Best-in-class AV over IP performance and reliability over Gigabit Ethernet
- Delivers pristine image quality and ultra-low latency over 1 Gbps (GbE) networks
- Ideal for integration over new or legacy network cable infrastructure – including CAT 5e
AV decoder output for HDMI up to 4K/UHD, plus RS-232 or IR control pass-through
- Decode video, audio, and control, with the flexibility of receiving them together or from separate network sources
- Allows wide-ranging versatility for integrators to design systems to specific requirements
Supports UHD @ 60 Hz plus HDR formats
- Ideal for new and emerging UHD and HDR-capable sources and displays
- Supports HDR10 @ 60 Hz and 10-bit color, as well as HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) for 60p HDR broadcast services
- Supports Dolby Vision™ @ 60 Hz and 12-bit, delivering a best-in-class dynamic HDR experience.Included as of firmware version 1.2.5.
High performance, visually lossless video decoding
- SMPTE 2042 VC-2 video decoder with absolutely minimal, sub-frame latency from encode to decode
- Ensures optimal, pristine-quality graphics and motion video presentations, and is ideal for applications requiring interactivity
- Adheres to the latest HDCP 2.2 specification for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
- Allows protected content streams to pass between authenticated devices
- HDCP can be disabled through AMS, allowing content to pass to non-compliant displays and teleconference systems. Protected content is not transmitted.
Simplify integration with plug-and-play network switch compatibility
- Streamline system setup by using Atlona Certified Switch configurations for popular models from Cisco, Pakedge, and many others
- Saves installation time and costs without the need to manually configure a network switch
PoE (Power over Ethernet) powering
- With PoE, decoders can conveniently be powered over the network from a PoE-equipped network switch
- PoE simplifies integration without the need for local AC power, and allows centralized power monitoring and management
Secure content distribution with AES-128 decryption
- Decrypt AES-128 content from any OmniStream encoder
- Ensures secure content delivery across the network
Supports industry-standard, network security features and protocols
- HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, WebSockets with TLS, and AES-128 encryption
- OmniStream supports industry standard, AES67-compatible networked audio streams from encoders and audio interfaces
- Supports multi-channel PCM up to 7.1 channels
Built-in high-quality scaler
- Integrated high-performance scaling engine provides upscaling and downscaling for UHD and HD resolutions
- Ideal for applications when the video output resolution needs to match the different capabilities and requirements of sources, displays, codecs, and other equipment
Video wall processing
- Processing for video walls with portrait and landscape displays up to 16×16 @ 4K/30 and 2×2 @ 4K/60 with precision wall-tile alignment
Enhance AV presentations with visual enhancements
- Provide corporate or institutional branding by overlaying a logo
- Display a full-screen image as a backup in an event of an interruption in an AV stream, or between presentations
- Identify and label presentation content with static or scrolling text
Ultra-fast switching mode*
- Eliminates black screen displays during HDMI and HDCP handshake
- High-quality video scalers and internal frame rate converters provide instantaneous and precision video and audio HDMI switching
- Ideal for mission-critical applications where seamless, fast AV switching is required
- * UHD video is output at 1080p in ultra-fast switching mode. Logo / image display and 1080i video are not supported.
- EDID from a connected display can be copied and stored; EDID can also be assigned to a specific timing
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
Audio processing and pass-through
- Multi-channel PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS® Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X®
- Supports multi-channel PCM audio downmixing to two-channel PCM
- Supports IR, bidirectional RS-232, and CEC to control connected displays
- Bidirectional conversion of control data from TCP/IP to and from RS-232
- Intuitive standalone web GUI
- Atlona Management System (AMS) – web-based interface for configuration and management of OmniStream systems, and AV over IP cross-connections
- Installs side-by-side in a rack with the optional AT-OMNI-1XX-RACK-1RU rack mount shelf
- Installation guide, surface mounting brackets, and RS-232 / IR captive screw connector
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence