The Atlona OmniStream™ 521 (AT-OMNI-521) is a single-channel networked AV decoder for HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 output supporting resolutions up to 4K @ 60 Hz and HDR (High Dynamic Range), and RS-232 or IR pass-through. It is part of the OmniStream R-Type Series, designed for high performance, flexible distribution of AV over standard, off-the-shelf Gigabit Ethernet switches in residential and light commercial audiovisual applications. The OmniStream 521 is HDCP 2.2 compliant and ideal for the latest Ultra High-Definition and HDR sources. It features advanced high-quality, VC-2 visually lossless video compression, optimized for motion video content. The Atlona OmniStream 521 achieves extremely low, sub-frame latency when paired with OmniStream AV encoders. This single-channel decoder is housed in a half-width rack enclosure with front-to-back air flow, and is ideal for high-density, compact installation in distributed, multi-display installations.
Easy to configure, simple to manage
OmniStream AV over IP systems are remarkably easy to set up and manage – whether for a meeting room, residence, divisible room, or an entire university campus. Atlona Management System (AMS) 2.0 features automatic network device discovery, plus an intuitive web-based GUI that lets you configure virtual routing for AV, control, and data over the network – just as easily as you would with conventional AV matrix switching. AMS also streamlines and simplifies management of OmniStream systems through continuous system monitoring, notifications and alerts, event logging, multi-device configuration and backup, automated firmware updates, remote device control, and more.
- Multi-room or whole-house AV systems – OmniStream R-Type enables cost-effective system design, allowing the connection of any number of sources to any number of displays, throughout a residence. OmniStream delivers equal performance over new or legacy network cable infrastructure, including CAT 5e.
- Bars, restaurants, offices, meeting spaces, and other commercial environments – Expand the system by adding encoders and decoders, making video wall, digital signage, and many other applications simple and easy.
- Home theater and gaming – OmniStream R-Type delivers the uncompromising performance of traditional baseband video systems, making it ideal for applications where both image quality and low latency are crucial.
Atlona AV Over IP Certification
Atlona is pleased to offer Atlona AV Over IP Certification through free, InfoComm-certified and accredited online education courses. With AV Over IP Certification, you’ll have the credibility, knowledge, and confidence to inform your customers on the ideal networked AV system solutions for their requirements, and deliver quality sales and technical support whenever necessary.
Being certified by Atlona gives you priority and key advantages in selling and supporting OmniStream systems. For more information, please contact your Atlona sales representative.
Atlona Professional Services
Atlona provides project design, configuration and management services to system designers and integrators working with OmniStream AV over IP products. A trusted authority in providing support and guidance during the system design and deployment phases, Atlona will work with you to ensure optimal performance and efficiency in your AV over IP projects.
Contact us to get started and we will assign a dedicated engineer to guide you through the project from beginning to end. From creating a customized planner through commissioning to final on-site training, Atlona will provide each customer with the same exceptional level of care and support regardless of size. See our overview of our OmniStream Professional Services:
Best-in-class AV over IP performance and reliability over Gigabit Ethernet
- Delivers pristine image quality and ultra-low latency over 1 Gbps (GbE) networks
- Ideal for integration over new or legacy network cable infrastructure – including CAT 5e
AV decoder for HDMI up to 4K/UHD, plus embedded audio and RS-232 or IR control pass-through
- Receives video, audio, and control from OmniStream 512 encoders, together or streamed from separate network locations
- Allows wide-ranging versatility for residential and commercial integrators to design systems to specific requirements
Supports UHD @ 60 Hz plus HDR formats
- Ideal for new and emerging UHD and HDR-capable sources and displays
- Supports HDR10 @ 60 Hz and 10-bit color, as well as HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) for future 60p HDR broadcast services
High performance, visually lossless video compression
- SMPTE VC-2 light video compression with absolutely minimal, sub-frame latency from encode to decode
- Ensures optimal motion video performance and pristine-quality imaging, and is ideal for applications requiring interactivity
Pristine-quality upscaling and downscaling
- Preserves visual detail in motion video and graphics imagery
- Optimizes compatibility and image quality for systems with a mix or UHD and 1080p displays
- Scaler output can be automatically set to the preferred resolution in a display’s EDID
HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Adheres to latest specification for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
- Allows protected content stream to pass between authenticated devices
Simplify integration with plug-and-play network switch compatibility
- Streamline system setup by using Atlona Certified Switch configurations for popular models from Cisco, Luxul, Pakedge, and others
- Saves installation time and costs without the need to manually configure a network switch
Remotely powered via PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- With PoE, decoders can conveniently be powered over the network from a PoE-equipped network switch
- PoE simplifies integration without the need for local AC power, and allows centralized power monitoring and management
Secure content distribution with AES-128 encryption
- Any AV presentation content can be secured by scrambling IP streams
- Ideal for meeting IT security requirements
Supports industry-standard, network security features and protocols
- HTTPS, SSH, SCP, and WebSockets with TLS and AES-128 encryption
AES67-compatible audio over IP streaming
- OmniStream features industry standard, AES67-compatible networked audio streaming between encoders, decoders, and audio interfaces
- Also enables integration with AES67-compatible audio products and systems
Video wall processing
- Deliver OmniStream-encoded source video content to an array of displays in a video wall
- Supports display arrays of any size
- Bezel compensation, image rotation, and aspect ratio control features
Enhance AV presentations with visual enhancements
- Provide corporate or institutional branding by overlaying a logo (PNG with a transparent background)
- Display a full-screen image as a backup in an event of an interruption in an AV stream, or between presentations
- Identify and label presentation content with static or scrolling text
Aspect ratio control
- The aspect ratio of the video can be adjusted to a desired presentation viewing format
- Several aspect ratio options available including full-screen (fills the display), 16:9, 16:10, 4:3, and follow (keep original aspect ratio)
- Manages EDID communications between decoder and display
- EDID captured from a display can be assigned to a source at an OmniStream encoder
- Scaler output can be automatically set to the preferred resolution in a display’s EDID
- HDCP compliance can be disengaged through AMS (Atlona Management System)
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays and teleconference systems; protected content is not transmitted
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Receives audio streams as PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS® Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X®
Automatic display control
- Enables display and volume control through AMS. Automatically changes the power state of a display, based on active or standby mode of the decoder. Control signals transmitted via CEC or RS-232.
- Eliminates the need for a complex control system. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays.
Easy to configure and manage with AMS (Atlona Management System)
- Intuitive, web-based GUI for setting up OmniStream systems, including virtual routing for AV, control, and data over the network
- Simplify OmniStream system management with continuous monitoring, notifications and alerts, multi-device configuration and backup, automated firmware updates, and more
- Available as a cost-effective server appliance, or a free software download
- Installs side-by-side in a rack with the optional AT-OMNI-1XX-RACK-1RU rack mount shelf
- Installation guide, surface mounting brackets, and RS-232 / IR captive screw connector
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence