Single-Channel Networked AV Decoder
The Atlona OmniStream™ 121 (AT-OMNI-121) is a single-channel networked AV decoder for HDMI / HDCP 2.2 output supporting resolutions up to UHD @ 60 Hz and HDR (High Dynamic Range), plus audio embedding and de-embedding, and RS-232 or IR control pass-through. It is part of the OmniStream Pro Series, designed for high performance, flexible distribution of AV over standard, off-the-shelf Gigabit Ethernet switches in commercial audiovisual applications. It features advanced high-quality, VC-2 visually lossless video decoding technology with user-selectable, video quality optimization engines designed for computer-generated imaging, or motion video content. The Atlona OmniStream 121 achieves extremely low, sub-frame latency when paired with OmniStream AV encoders. This single-channel decoder is housed in a half-width rack enclosure with front-to-back air flow, and is ideal for high-density, compact installation in distributed, multi-display installations.
Easy to Configure, Simple to Manage
OmniStream AV over IP systems are remarkably easy to set up and manage – whether for a meeting room, residence, divisible room, or an entire university campus. Velocity Device Manager features automatic network device discovery, plus an intuitive web-based GUI that lets you configure virtual routing for AV, control, and data over the network – just as easily as you would with conventional AV matrix switching. Velocity Device Manager also streamlines and simplifies management of OmniStream systems through continuous system monitoring, notifications and alerts, event logging, multi-device configuration and backup, automated firmware updates, remote device control, and more.
COMING SOON: OmniStream 2.0 Technology Update
OmniStream 2.0 is a major technology update that brings a host of new capabilities to OmniStream encoders and decoders. It will be available in newly shipping OmniStream products, and as a no-cost firmware update for existing systems. OmniStream 2.0 will deliver industry-leading performance, and allow system owners to preserve their investments well into the future.
- New and enhanced VCx™ codec delivers 4K/60 4:4:4 with artifact-free presentation of computer-generated content and fast-motion video
- High-efficiency coding enables 4K/60 4:4:4 and 1080p streams over Gigabit Ethernet, and numerous 4K streams over 10 Gigabit network switch uplinks
- Ultra-fast switching between 4K/60 video streams from OmniStream encoders
- Multiview window processing in AT-OMNI-121 decoder – display up to 4 sources on a screen
- Integrated Ethernet link testing – evaluate network integrity between encoders and decoders
- Thumbnail preview of encoded video streams through Velocity AV control or in the web GUI
- Includes legacy VC-2 codec, so customers can migrate to VCx at their convenience
The OmniStream 121 is compatible with the OmniStream 111, OmniStream 111 WP, and OmniStream 112 encoders. It is also compatible with the OmniStream 512 encoder when Video Optimization is set to Motion Video mode.
Ethernet Link Testing (Coming Soon)
OmniStream AV over IP systems feature Ethernet link testing, a convenient feature for integrators and technicians to test integrity of the network infrastructure. Testing is initiated from the encoder web GUI, and performed between an encoder and decoders joined to it in a multicast group. Test results can be monitored from the encoder and decoder web GUI, avoiding the need to visually check for an image at each display location.
- Enterprises and other large organizations – Maximize AV application flexibility by enabling content sharing within single meeting rooms, or corporate-wide broadcasting to every connected screen.
(See this featured application as an example.
- Corporate and university campuses with the need to distribute AV between buildings – OmniStream allows virtually unlimited AV system scope and scale. For very large, expansive LANs, SMPTE-standard FEC (Forward Error Correction) ensures robust, reliable image presentation at every endpoint.
(See this featured application as an example.)
- Applications in which any AV content or resource can be shared anywhere in the system – AV over IP technology removes the restrictions associated with interconnecting sources and displays through standard matrix switching architecture.
- Meeting rooms and conference rooms – An IP network infrastructure makes it simple and efficient to design AV systems for small, large, and divisible meeting room configurations, and to centrally manage them throughout a facility. (To learn more, please click here.)
Atlona AV Over IP Certification
Atlona is pleased to offer Atlona AV Over IP Certification through free, InfoComm-certified and accredited online education courses. With AV Over IP Certification, you’ll have the credibility, knowledge, and confidence to inform your customers on the ideal networked AV system solutions for their requirements, and deliver quality sales and technical support whenever necessary.
Being certified by Atlona gives you priority and key advantages in selling and supporting OmniStream systems. For more information, please contact your Atlona sales representative.
Best-in-class AV over IP performance and reliability over Gigabit Ethernet
- Delivers pristine image quality and ultra-low latency over 1 Gbps (GbE) networks
- Ideal for integration over new or legacy network cable infrastructure – including CAT 5e
AV decoder output for HDMI up to 4K/UHD, plus de-embedded audio and RS-232 or IR control pass-through
- Decode video, audio, and control, with the flexibility of receiving them together or from separate network sources
- Allows wide-ranging versatility for integrators to design systems to specific requirements
Networked AV redundancy
- Monitors AV streams and automatically switches to the backup stream if packet losses are detected
- Maximizes system reliability and meets IT requirements for system redundancy and failover
Supports UHD @ 60 Hz plus HDR formats
- Ideal for new and emerging UHD and HDR-capable sources and displays
- Supports HDR10 @ 60 Hz and 10-bit color, as well as HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) for 60p HDR broadcast services
- Supports Dolby Vision™ @ 60 Hz and 12-bit, delivering a best-in-class dynamic HDR experience. Included as of firmware version 1.2.5.
High performance, visually lossless video decoding
- SMPTE 2042 VC-2 video decoder with absolutely minimal, sub-frame latency from encode to decode
- Ensures optimal, pristine-quality graphics and motion video presentations, and is ideal for applications requiring interactivity
Supports virtual reality applications
- Compatible with HTC VIVE® VR system at 2160×1200 @ 90 Hz
- Adheres to the latest HDCP 2.2 specification for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
- Allows protected content streams to pass between authenticated devices
- HDCP can be disabled through Velocity Device Manager, allowing content to pass to non-compliant displays and teleconference systems. Protected content is not transmitted.
Network error resilience with FEC (forward error correction)
- Compensates for AV packet losses in large systems spanning several networks
- Enables consistent, reliable performance in enterprise-wide networked AV implementations
Simplify integration with plug-and-play network switch compatibility
- Streamline system setup by using Atlona Certified Switch configurations for popular models from Cisco, Pakedge, and many others
- Saves installation time and costs without the need to manually configure a network switch
Local or PoE (Power over Ethernet) powering*
- With PoE, decoders can conveniently be powered over the network from a PoE-equipped network switch
- PoE simplifies integration without the need for local AC power, and allows centralized power monitoring and management
- Optional AT-PS-48083-C power supply available
- * External power supply is required when using the analog audio interface.
Secure content distribution with AES-128 decryption
- Decrypt AES-128 content from any OmniStream encoder
- Ensures secure content delivery across the network
- Ideal for government, military, and enterprise applications, as well as meeting IT security requirements
Supports industry-standard, network security features and protocols
- HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, WebSockets with TLS, and AES-128 encryption
- Features IEEE 802.1x which meets IT authentication requirements for improved network security
- OmniStream supports industry standard, AES67-compatible networked audio streams from encoders and audio interfaces
- Supports multi-channel PCM up to 7.1 channels
Audio embedding and de-embedding
- Receives up to 7.1 channels of PCM audio as AES67 or native RTP networked audio from compliant sources and embeds audio onto the HDMI output, or outputs audio using the analog audio interface
- Receives audio from analog interface and embeds the audio onto the HDMI output
Built-in high-quality scaler
- Integrated high-performance scaling engine provides upscaling and downscaling for a wide array of UHD, HD, and VESA resolutions
- Ideal for applications when the video output resolution needs to match the different capabilities and requirements of sources, displays, codecs, and other equipment
Video wall processing
- Processing for video walls with portrait and landscape displays up to 16×16 @ 4K/30 and 2×2 @ 4K/60 with precision wall-tile alignment
Enhance AV presentations with visual enhancements
- Provide corporate or institutional branding by overlaying a logo
- Display a full-screen image as a backup in an event of an interruption in an AV stream, or between presentations
- Identify and label presentation content with static or scrolling text
- Eliminates black screen displays during HDMI and HDCP handshake
- High-quality video scalers and internal frame rate converters provide instantaneous and precise video and audio HDMI switching
- Ideal for mission-critical applications where stable, fast AV switching is required
- * UHD video is output at 1080p in ultra-fast switching mode. Logo / image display features and 1080i video are not supported.
- EDID from a connected display can be copied and stored; EDID can also be assigned to a specific timing
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
Audio processing and pass-through
- Multi-channel PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS® Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X®
- Supports multi-channel PCM audio downmixing to two-channel PCM
- Supports IR, bidirectional RS-232, and CEC to control connected displays
- Bidirectional conversion of control data from TCP/IP to and from RS-232
Integrated Ethernet link testing (coming soon)
- Tests integrity of the network infrastructure between encoders and decoders (cabling, terminations, switch, bandwidth)
- Allows quick, easy verification or troubleshooting from the web GUI – no need to visually check each display location. Testing is initiated from the encoder web GUI.
- Encoder delivers a full-bandwidth stream (900 Mbps) of test data packets to decoders joined to a multicast group
- Reports percentage of packets successfully received at each decoder
- Intuitive standalone web GUI
- Velocity Device Manager – web-based interface for configuration and management of OmniStream systems, and AV over IP cross-connections
- Installs side-by-side in a rack with the optional AT-OMNI-1XX-RACK-1RU rack mount shelf
- Installation guide, surface mounting brackets, and RS-232 / IR captive screw connector
- To view the product warranty, use the following link: https://atlona.com/warranty/