NOTE: The AT-UHD-CAT-2 is discontinued. Recommended replacements are the AT-UHD-CAT-4ED or the AT-RON-442 with AvanceTM extenders.
4K/UHD HDMI to HDBaseT Distribution Amplifier
The Atlona AT-UHD-CAT-2 is a 4K/UHD HDMI to HDBaseT distribution amplifier featuring pass-through HDMI input connections, two HDBaseT outputs and display control capability. Each output transmits AV and control signals up to 230 ft. (70 m) @ 1080p and 130 ft. (40 m) @ 4K/UHD. Features include 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 color subsampling, HDCP 2.2 compliance, EDID management, and PoE for powering remote receivers. A wide variety of consumer displays may be controlled by the UHD-CAT-2 using CEC*. Designed for commercial distribution applications, the UHD-CAT-2 is control system-friendly and integrates with any TCP/IP, RS-232, or IR control system and features a 1U, half-rack width enclosure with external, international power supply. Compatible Atlona receiver: AT-UHD-EX-70C-RX.
Signal distribution applications increasingly require compatibility with HDCP 2.2, 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz support with 4:2:0 color subsampling to ensure images reach displays with compatible copy protection and with the pristine digital image quality of the original signal, without artifacts resulting from inferior image distribution systems. HDBaseT distribution ensures reliable, long-distance transmission of high resolution audio and video signals. These core features along with added display control provide additional flexibility. Power over Ethernet not only provides compatibility with Atlona Extender products but enables HDBaseT Certification.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
- Retail, restaurant, and entertainment environments that need long distance signal extension of high-impact messages and program information.
(See this featured application as an example.)
- TV showrooms that demand the highest quality signal be delivered to each 4K television to entice customers to make an immediate purchase decision
- Any single image/multi-screen environment that requires display control
The AT-UHD-CAT-2 is compatible with the AT-UHD-EX-70C-RX receiver and the AT-HDVS-SC-RX receiver and 4K/UHD scaler.
Atlona UHD-CAT Series
The AT-UHD-CAT-2 is part of the Atlona UHD-CAT Series of HDMI to HDBaseT distribution amplifiers.
* To achieve optimal HDBaseT performance, CAT6a or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable is highly recommended.
HDMI distribution amplifier with built-in HDBaseT transmission
- Combines signal distribution and long distance transmission into a single enclosure; eliminates several devices and power supplies
- Reduces overall system costs, speeds installation, and prevents compatibility issues
- HDMI input with pass-through
Two HDBaseT outputs for transmission of HDMI, power, and control up to 230 feet (70 meters)
- Long distance, 230 foot (70 m) outputs offer bidirectional extension of both RS-232 and IR control plus remote receiver power
- Compatible receiver: AT-UHD-EX-70C-RX
- RS-232 and IR insertion ports for each HDBaseT output
- Reduces multiple, separate cable runs down to a single category cable per display, shrinking cable bundles and required conduit capacity to reduce cost of installation
4K/UHD capability with HDCP 2.2 copy protection
- Compatible with ultra-high definition sources and displays; adheres to latest content protection specification
- Ensures AV distribution systems are ready for 4K/UHD streaming services and playback devices
Power over Ethernet (PoE) for HDBaseT receivers
- Supplies industry standard IEEE 802.3af PoE over HDBaseT to the UHD-EX-70C-RX or compatible HDBaseT receivers
- Allows convenient receiver installation at a display or projector without the need for local AC power
CEC display control
- Sends CEC display power on/off control over HDBaseT
- Enables control of displays connected to UHD-EX-70C-RX receivers (as supported by the display manufacturer)
- CEC control can be triggered by using either the front-panel button as well as using IP or RS-232 control commands
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Passes through multi-channel audio formats from the HDMI input
- Supports PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS® Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X®
- Manages EDID communications with the source through a display’s EDID or internally stored EDID
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
Supports cascading up to 4 units
- Combine multiple UHD-CAT HDBaseT distribution amplifiers without compromising performance or reliability
- System designs and configurations can easily be adapted or modified as needed
Intuitive GUI-based configuration using integrated web server
- Offers menu-based configuration of network settings, RS-232 settings, EDID, and HDCP management
- Allows fast configuration of internal product settings and troubleshooting from a mobile device or PC in the field
TCP/IP, RS-232, and IR control
- Flexible control options for compatibility with the Atlona Velocity™ control system, as well as other third-party control systems
- Reduces integration time and costs
Easy to configure and manage with AMS (Atlona Management System)
- Centralized, network-based configuration and management of Atlona IP-controllable products and systems
- Manage configuration and firmware updates for AV devices spanning a facility, building, enterprise, or residence
- Available as a cost-effective server appliance, or a free software download
- Device can be updated in the field via AMS or the web GUI
- USB port also available for firmware updates
Front panel power and signal status LEDs
- LED indicators provide power, HDBaseT link, and HDMI signal status information
- Provides local, convenient setup and troubleshooting when network access is not available
Rack-mountable 1U, half rack width enclosure
- Easy installation into racks as well as confined spaces below tables and in furniture
- Includes surface and rack mounting hardware
- Installation guide, surface and rack mounting hardware, and external international power supply
- To view the product warranty, use the following link: https://atlona.com/warranty/