IP to Analog Audio Bridge
The Atlona OmniStream™ 238 (AT-OMNI-238) receives audio streamed from OmniStream AV encoders, and delivers up to 16 audio outputs, configurable as eight stereo pairs or 16 mono channels. It is part of the OmniStream Audio Series. The OmniStream 238 and OmniStream AV encoders feature industry standard, AES67-compatible audio over IP streaming. Up to sixteen channels of PCM audio can be received by the OmniStream 238. An audio stream can be routed to one or more unbalanced or balanced outputs, each with programmable volume control. The OmniStream 238 is ideal for feeding audio from HDMI sources into multiple audio zones in a commercial AV application.
Dante Audio Networking
The OmniStream 238 is also a Dante networked audio interface. Audinate Dante is a popular audio networking technology widely used in the commercial AV and professional audio industries. With Dante, the OmniStream 238 can be integrated with Dante-equipped DSPs and facility or enterprise-wide distributed audio systems for paging, background music, conferencing, and other applications. (Note: Dante audio over IP routing configuration is necessary for setting up audio streaming from OmniStream encoders to the OmniStream 238, and requires Dante Controller software.)
OmniStream Product Compatibility
The OmniStream 238 is compatible with OmniStream Pro and OmniStream R-Type encoders.
- Multi-room or multi-zone audio systems – The OmniStream 238 can interface directly into multi-room amplifiers. It can be programmed into a control system to allow localized user volume control in separate areas throughout a facility.
- Bars, restaurants, offices, and other small to mid-sized commercial environments – The OmniStream 238 is ideal for multi-zone audio, as well as delivering background music throughout.
- Large commercial environments such as convention centers, stadiums, and houses of worship – The OmniStream 238 can be integrated with Dante-equipped DSPs and mixing consoles to distribute audio to designated areas or rooms.
Atlona AV Over IP Certification
Atlona is pleased to offer Atlona AV Over IP Certification through free, InfoComm-certified and accredited online education courses. With AV Over IP Certification, you’ll have the credibility, knowledge, and confidence to inform your customers on the ideal networked AV system solutions for their requirements, and deliver quality sales and technical support whenever necessary.
Being certified by Atlona gives you priority and key advantages in selling and supporting OmniStream systems. For more information, please contact your Atlona sales representative.
Atlona Professional Services
Atlona provides project design, configuration and management services to system designers and integrators working with OmniStream AV over IP products. A trusted authority in providing support and guidance during the system design and deployment phases, Atlona will work with you to ensure optimal performance and efficiency in your AV over IP projects.
Contact us to get started and we will assign a dedicated engineer to guide you through the project from beginning to end. From creating a customized planner through commissioning to final on-site training, Atlona will provide each customer with the same exceptional level of care and support regardless of size. See our overview of our OmniStream Professional Services:
Receives up to 16 audio streams from OmniStream AV encoders
- Receives up to eight stereo or 16 mono audio streams, and sends them to analog audio outputs
- Provides convenient integration of HDMI embedded PCM audio into commercial audio distribution systems
AES67-compatible audio over IP streaming
- Supports AES67 audio over Ethernet standard, to ensure full interoperability between OmniStream audio and video encoders, as well as other compatible audio systems
Dante networked audio interface
- Integrate with Dante-equipped DSPs and systems*
- Interface directly into a facility or enterprise-wide distributed audio system for paging, background music, and more
- * Dante audio over IP routing configuration is necessary for setting up audio streaming from OmniStream encoders to the OmniStream 238, and requires Dante Controller software.
16 balanced or unbalanced analog audio outputs
- Configurable as stereo audio pairs or mono channels
- Compatible with consumer or professional amplifiers and sound systems
Dedicated, programmable volume and mute control for each audio output
- Enables independent output level settings to control volume in a specific room or zone
- Also ideal for establishing proper gain structure in commercial audio systems
- Ready for integration with Atlona Velocity™ and third-party control systems
- Flexible options for volume and mute control through simple, convenient API access
- The OmniStream 238 can receive downmixed PCM stereo or mono audio via AES67 from OmniStream encoders
- Encoders simultaneously stream native OmniStream multi-channel PCM audio to decoders
Supports cascading up to eight units
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet switch allows direct interconnection of multiple OmniStream 238 units
- Simplifies integration for larger systems with just a single connection to the network
Supports industry-standard, network security features and protocols
- HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, WebSockets with TLS, and AES-128 encryption.
Simplify integration with plug-and-play network switch compatibility
- Streamline system setup by using Atlona Certified Switch configurations for popular models from Cisco, Pakedge, and others
- Saves installation time and costs without the need to manually configure a network switch
Rack mountable 1U, full-rack width enclosure
- Installs easily in rack mounted systems with included 19″ rack mount brackets
- Reduces installation time and cost
- Installation guide, rack mounting brackets, captive screw connectors, and external universal power supply
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence