NOTE: The AT-VGW-250 is discontinued. The replacement product is the VGW-HW, available in models for 3, 10, or 20 rooms of AV system control, plus several new features including room scheduling and Velocity Cloud monitoring.
The Atlona AT-VGW-250 Velocity Control Gateway is an AV control processor for the Atlona Velocity Control System. The VGW-250 is capable of serving up to 250 simultaneous IP device connections for Atlona and third-party AV devices, Velocity touch panels, and BYOD control from web browsers and mobile devices. This device control capacity makes the VGW-250 Gateway highly scalable from a single room installation to several AV systems over a network. This control processor also features an innovative network-based system architecture that allows full redundancy and failover with two Gateways in operation, maximizing AV control system reliability. It supports industry-standard, secure data communications, and features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for isolating an AV device LAN from a facility or corporate network.
Comprehensive Support of Third-Party AV Products
The Velocity Control System can be integrated with a wide range of sources, displays, DSPs, videoconferencing systems, and many other types of AV equipment. Please refer to this comprehensive database of supported third-party products for detailed information. Devices in the database are ready for immediate integration into a Velocity Control System with just a few mouse clicks. No driver download or installation is necessary.
High Capacity, Software Control Processor Available
In addition to the VGW-250, a licensed software version of the Velocity Control Gateway is available that enables high capacity AV control processing on standard IT server infrastructure provisioned by the integrator or end user. Software licenses are available for serving up to 250, 2,500, or 5,000 simultaneous IP device connections for large-scale integration of AV control systems spanning a facility, building, campus, or enterprise. The software can be hosted on a dedicated virtual machine, server hardware, or in a Linux container. As with the VGW-250, the software version allows full redundancy and failover when two instances are in operation. A software license can be purchased by contacting your Atlona representative.
- Velocity Control Gateway – AV control processor for the Velocity Control System
- Serves to up 250 IP device connections for Atlona and third-party AV devices, touch panels, and BYOD control
- Flexible scalability for integrating one or several AV systems over a network
- Control system redundancy with automatic failover, available via primary and backup VGW-250 processors
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for isolating a dedicated AV LAN from the facility or corporate network
- Supports industry-standard, network security features and protocols through HTTP/2, HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, IEEE 802.1x, and WebSockets with TLS and AES-128 encryption
- Access from a web browser for setup and management
- Fast, agile, and highly intuitive control system configuration – set up a room AV system in minutes
- Simplify AV control deployment with the interactions, flow, and visual elements of a web or mobile app GUI
- Configurations can easily be duplicated across devices, rooms, and sites
- Make control system modifications in just minutes, including AV equipment changes
- Create role-based accounts for AV/IT staff members, each with clearly defined access privileges
- Remote configuration and management available from Velocity Cloud
- Velocity Command Converters available for IP conversion to RS-232, IR, and relay / sensor; IP to RS-232 available through CLSO and SW Series switchers
- USB 3.0 and USB-C® ports, plus HDMI® and Mini DisplayPort outputs for future expansion
- Rack-mountable 1U, half rack width enclosure
- Includes installation guide, rack mounting brackets, and external universal power supply
- To view the product warranty, use the following link: https://atlona.com/warranty/