NOTE: The VSG software gateways are discontinued. The updated product is the AT-VGW-SW gateway, delivering up to 20 rooms of AV system control, plus several new features including room scheduling and Velocity Cloud monitoring.
The Atlona AT-VSG-250, AT-VSG-2500, and AT-VSG-5000 Velocity Soft Control Gateways are software licenses for the Atlona Velocity Control System that enable AV control processing on standard IT server infrastructure provisioned by the integrator or end user. They are capable of serving up to 250, 2,500, or 5,000 simultaneous IP device connections for large-scale integration of AV control systems spanning a facility, building, campus, or enterprise. The software can be hosted on a dedicated virtual machine. The Velocity Soft Control Gateway also features an innovative network-based system architecture that allows full redundancy and failover with two VSG-250, VSG-2500, or VSG-5000 instances in operation, maximizing AV control system reliability while preventing downtime in mission-critical applications. It supports industry-standard, secure data communications, and can run within a private, dedicated AV device network.
Comprehensive Support of Third-Party AV Products
The Velocity Control System can be integrated with a wide range of sources, displays, DSPs, videoconferencing systems, and many other types of AV equipment. Please refer to this comprehensive database of supported third-party products for detailed information. Devices in the database are ready for immediate integration into a Velocity Control System with just a few mouse clicks. No driver download or installation is necessary.
The Velocity Soft Control Gateway requires a server with VMWare® ESXi™ installed, a virtual machine provisioned, and the following:
- Velocity Soft Control Gateway – AV software control processor for the Velocity Control System
- Designed for hosting on standard IT server infrastructure
- Ideal for integration of AV control systems spanning a facility, building, campus, or enterprise
- Serves up to 250, 2,500, or 5,000 IP device connections for Atlona and third-party AV devices, touch panels, and BYOD control
- Control system redundancy with automatic failover, available via primary and backup Velocity Soft Control Gateway instances
- Fast and easy purchasing online or through Velocity Cloud
- Supports industry-standard, network security features and protocols through HTTP/2, HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, IEEE 802.1x, and WebSockets with TLS and AES-128 encryption
- Access from a web browser for setup and management
- Fast, agile, and highly intuitive control system configuration – set up a room AV system in minutes
- Simplify AV control deployment with the interactions, flow, and visual elements of a web or mobile app GUI
- Configurations can easily be duplicated across devices, rooms, and sites
- Make control system modifications in just minutes, including AV equipment changes
- Create role-based accounts for AV/IT staff members, each with clearly defined access privileges
- Remote configuration and management available from Velocity Cloud
- Velocity Command Converters available for IP conversion to RS-232, IR, and relay / sensor; IP to RS-232 available through CLSO and SW Series switchers