The Atlona AT-OPUS-RX is an HDBaseT receiver for high dynamic range (HDR) formats, designed for use with the Opus™ Series of HDMI to HDBaseT matrix switchers. Part of the comprehensive family of Atlona 4K HDR integration products, the OPUS-RX is HDCP 2.2 compliant and supports 4K/UHD video @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling, as well as HDMI data rates up to 18 Gbps. It receives HDMI, Ethernet pass-through, and bidirectional IR and RS-232 control signals up to 330 feet (100 meters) over CAT6a/7 cable. Visually lossless VESA Display Stream Compression (DSC) enables HDR and 4K/60 4:4:4 video signal extension over HDBaseT with no latency. For additional integration convenience, the receiver is remotely powered by an Opus Series matrix switcher through Power over Ethernet (PoE). The OPUS-RX can transmit digital audio from a television back to an AV receiver through a dedicated HDBaseT audio return path to the matrix switcher.
The OPUS-RX is ideal for residential and commercial applications with the latest as well as emerging 4K/UHD and HDR sources and displays. The OPUS-RX, as with the Opus Series matrix switchers, includes Atlona’s award-winning 10 year limited product warranty and customer support services, so that integrators can specify, purchase, and install with confidence.
- Residential installations – An Opus system of matrix switchers and OPUS-RX receivers is ideal as the AV distribution centerpiece for whole-house video and audio.
- Commercial applications – Opus systems are also ideal for a variety of light commercial, education, and corporate applications requiring compatibility with new and forthcoming devices for 4K presentations.
Atlona Opus Series
The AT-OPUS-RX is part of the Atlona Opus Series of 4K HDR HDMI to HDBaseT matrix switchers, ideal for residential as well as commercial applications. The Opus Series offers performance, reliability, and powerful control and audio system integration features. See below for more information.
NOTE: The AT-OPUS-RX can also be used for point-to-point HDBaseT extension, but is not compatible with transmitters for the AT-HDR-EX-70-2PS, AT-HDR-EX-70C-KIT, or AT-HDR-EX-100CEA-KIT for HDR and 4K/60 4:4:4 content (HDMI data rates exceeding 10 Gbps).
4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling, plus support for HDR formats
- Ideal for new and emerging 4K/UHD and HDR-capable sources and displays
- Compatible with 4K HDR10 @ 60 Hz and Dolby® Vision™ @ 30 Hz*, as well as HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) for 60p HDR broadcast services
- * Dolby Vision will be supported by Opus Series matrix switchers in a future firmware release.
HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Adheres to latest specification for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
- Allows protected content stream to pass between authenticated devices
HDBaseT receiver for HDMI, Ethernet, power, and control up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Receives 4K HDR video up to 330 feet (100 meters) with CAT6/6a/7 cable, or up to 295 feet (90 meters) using CAT5e cable*
- Uses easy-to-integrate category cable for low-cost, reliable system installation
- * To achieve optimal HDBaseT performance, CAT6a or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable is highly recommended.
Remotely powered by Opus™ matrix switcher via PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Industry standard IEEE 802.3af PoE is supplied by an Opus Series matrix switcher over HDBaseT
- Allows convenient receiver installation at a display or projector without the need for local AC power
Extends RS-232, IR, and Ethernet control signals over HDBaseT
- Bidirectional extension of RS-232, IR, and Ethernet control signals
- Streamlines integration of control for displays
Delivers return audio from a TV via dedicated HDBaseT audio return path
- Provides a return audio pathway from a television, via TOSLINK digital audio interface, back to the Opus matrix switcher over HDBaseT
- Easy and convenient integration of television audio for over-the-air broadcasts, OTT (over-the-top) media services, and more
Visually lossless VESA Display Stream Compression
- Enables HDBaseT transmission of HDMI up to 18 Gbps using extremely light video compression with no latency
- Innovative signal extension solution delivers very high, pristine image quality
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Passes through multi-channel audio formats from an Opus Series matrix switcher over HDBaseT
- Supports PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS® Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X®
Integrated HDBaseT link status monitoring
- Tests integrity of the HDBaseT cable link between the transmitter and the receiver
- Opus matrix switcher web GUI provides real-time link status, plus detailed HDBaseT and HDMI signal information
- Quick, easy verification or troubleshooting of RJ-45 termination or twisted pair cable quality
Rear panel I/O connectors
- Placement of ports on rear panel simplifies wire management
- Saves installation time and eliminates clutter
- Device can be updated in the field via AMS or the Opus matrix switcher web GUI
Front panel Power and Link status LEDs
- LED indicators provide power and HDBaseT link status information
- Provides easy setup and troubleshooting
Low-profile, 1 inch (25 mm) high quarter rack-width enclosure
- Easy installation into racks and confined spaces
- Keeps devices out-of-sight when placed in public spaces
- Installation guide, surface mounting hardware, and IR emitter
- Optional AT-IR-CS-RX IR receiver available
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence