Software Gateway for AV Control and Management plus Room Scheduling
The Atlona AT-VGW-SW is an Atlona Velocity™ server gateway for AV system control, plus room scheduling and AV asset management. This gateway is a software product, designed for installation on standard IT server infrastructure provisioned by the integrator or end user. With a simple network connection and web browser access, an integrator, tech manager, or technician can quickly begin configuration and deployment of AV control systems, room scheduling touch panels, and AV devices such as matrix switchers. The Velocity VGW-SW server gateway supports industry-standard, secure data communications, and can run within a private, dedicated AV device network. An innovative, network-based system architecture allows full redundancy and failover with two VGW-SW instances in operation, maximizing AV system reliability while preventing downtime in mission-critical applications.
Velocity Firmware – Release Information
Velocity AV System Control
The VGW-SW software server gateway delivers 20 rooms of AV control. Velocity offers comprehensive system control for Atlona as well as third-party AV devices. User AV system control is available from Velocity touch panels, as well as user mobile devices and web browsers without the need to purchase additional licensing. Velocity features a highly intuitive, GUI-based configuration platform, designed for quick, efficient deployment of AV control systems for multiple rooms.
Supports Velocity Premier Services – Remote Gateway (AT-VPS-RG) for remote configuration, management, and control over the internet. Remote access to the gateway creates an opportunity to provide enhanced support and customer service by allowing system and device configuration, troubleshooting, credential and firmware updates, and more from any device with a browser and internet connection. TRY RISK FREE.
Velocity Room Scheduling
In addition to AV system control, the VGW-SW gateway can serve up to 40 rooms for meeting or event scheduling. Velocity offers a powerful yet intuitive room scheduling platform that’s easy to install and configure for integrators, and simple to access for meeting participants. It offers a refined, user-friendly touch panel GUI for viewing meeting room availability status, browsing for available rooms, scheduling a meeting or event time, extending meetings as necessary, and initiating ad hoc meetings. Velocity room scheduling is compatible with Google Workspace™, Microsoft® Office 365™, Exchange, and Astra Schedule.
For additional user convenience, the room scheduling system can be configured with a control system to automatically trigger AV functions and macros whenever a meeting begins or ends.
Licensing Available for Additional Rooms
For installations requiring more than 20 rooms of AV control, or more than 40 rooms for meeting / event scheduling, an AT-VRL-SW license is available to provide 1 additional room for AV control, and 2 additional rooms for scheduling. One or more VRL-SW licenses can be purchased online, or within the user portal of the VGW-SW installation.
The VGW-SW software server gateway includes Velocity Device Manager, a powerful system integration resource for configuring and managing Atlona devices over a network. It helps streamline AV configurations by letting users discover, set up, and commission Atlona IP-controllable products. After the products are deployed, Velocity Device Manager provides continual system monitoring and the ability to manage firmware and credential updates.
High IP Device Capacity** for AV Control, Management, and Room Scheduling
The VGW-SW gateway delivers high performance processing for IP-connected AV systems throughout multiple rooms, plus numerous room scheduling touch panels, and management for switchers, matrix switchers, networked AV encoders and decoders, and many other AV devices.
The VGW-SW software gateway requires a server meeting the following requirements with either VMWare® ESXi
- Software server gateway for AV system control, room scheduling, and device management
- Designed for hosting on standard IT server infrastructure
- Access from a web browser for setup and management
- Simplify system or device configuration, deployment, and management with the interactions, flow, and visual elements of a web or mobile app GUI
- Create role-based accounts for integrator, client, and AV/IT staff members, each with clearly defined access privileges
- Supports industry-standard, secure data communications through HTTP/2, HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, and WebSockets with TLS and AES-128 encryption
Velocity AV system control
- Serves up to 20 rooms for AV control
- Flexible scalability for integrating one or several AV systems over a network
- Fast, agile, and highly intuitive control system configuration – set up a room AV system in minutes
- Configurations can easily be duplicated across devices, rooms, and sites
- Make control system modifications in just minutes, including AV equipment changes
- Control system redundancy with automatic failover, available via primary and backup VGW-SW software gateway instances
- Velocity Command Converters available for IP conversion to RS-232, IR, and relay / sensor; IP to RS-232 available through Atlona AV devices
Velocity room scheduling
Delivers up to 40 rooms for meeting / event scheduling
- Easy to install and configure for integrators
- Compatible with Google Workspace™, Microsoft® Office 365™, Exchange, and Astra Schedule.
- Simple to access for meeting participants though Velocity touch panels
- User-friendly GUI for viewing meeting room availability status, browsing for available rooms, and scheduling a meeting or event time
- Ability to extend meetings and initiate ad hoc meeting sessions
- Can be configured with AV system control to automatically trigger AV functions and macros whenever a meeting begins or ends
- Optional AT-VRL-SW license available – 1 additional room for AV control and 2 additional rooms for scheduling
Velocity Premier Services – Remote Gateway (AT-VPS-RG) for remote configuration
- Remote access to a Velocity gateway allows users to configure and manage AV control systems from virtually anywhere
- Online dashboard provides centralized access for managing multiple gateways
- Cloud backups ensure the latest gateway configurations are always available
- BYOD control of the room system over the devices’ Internet connection means direct access to the AV LAN is not needed
- Centralized, network-based configuration and management of Atlona IP-controllable products and systems
- Automatically discovers Atlona devices on the network and adds them to the system configuration
- Pre-configure Atlona devices prior to on-site installation and commissioning
- Organize Atlona device installations by room, floor, building, and site or campus
- Duplicate configurations to identical Atlona products on the network, and restore configurations when devices are replaced
- Continuous system monitoring – quickly assess system and device status
- Manage firmware updates including the ability the push to multiple devices at once, and schedule updates at a convenient date and time
- Manage credential updates including the ability to push a password to multiple devices at once