The Atlona Etude™ Sync (AT-ETU-SYNC) provides EDID emulation and Hot Plug Detect communication between HDMI sink and source devices. Part of the comprehensive family of Atlona 4K HDR integration products, it detects and corrects for signal integrity issues associated with cabling or connections, and can resolve compatibility problems between a source and sink. The Etude Sync is compatible with high dynamic range (HDR) formats and is HDCP 2.2 compliant. It supports 4K/UHD video @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling, as well as HDMI data rates up to 18 Gbps. In addition to addressing HDMI signal and device-related issues, the Etude Sync reports HDCP compliance at the source and destination, and can manage EDID communication with the source. This device is ideal for AV system troubleshooting as well as ensuring reliable, consistent performance.
The Etude Sync is for residential and commercial applications with the latest as well as emerging 4K/UHD and HDR sources and displays. It includes Atlona’s award-winning 10-year limited product warranty and customer support services, so that integrators can specify, purchase, and install with confidence.
- Residential and commercial installations – The Etude Sync is designed for AV systems with the latest UHD and HDR sources such as Ultra HD Blu-ray players, plus compatible televisions and projectors.
- Troubleshooting – The Etude Sync is ideal for identifying and resolving signal handshaking problems between a source and a display (or other destination device).
- Legacy device integration – This device provides compatibility with legacy HDMI source devices that do not support the HDMI clock stretching protocol required for HDBaseT™ extension.
(See this featured application as an example.)
EDID emulation and management for HDMI signals
- Provides EDID to the HDMI source device from the display or the Etude Sync’s internal memory
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
5 Volt and Hot Plug Detect emulation for HDMI source and sink communications
- Restores +5 volt and HPD signals lost due to issues at the source or display, as well as faulty or long cables
- Enables the essential signal handshaking necessary for the source to deliver video content
Detects and resolves issues associated with signal handshaking between source and destination devices
- Ideal for troubleshooting performance or reliability issues related to cabling, terminations, source and display compatibility, and other factors
- Quickly and easily installs into AV systems to address HDMI signaling or EDID problems and ensure dependable operation
4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling, plus support for HDR formats
- Ideal for new and emerging 4K/UHD and HDR-capable sources and displays
- Compatible with 4K HDR10 and Dolby® Vision™ @ 60 Hz
HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Adheres to latest specification for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
- Allows protected content stream to pass between devices
Provides HDMI signal regeneration for source devices
- Allows legacy HDMI sources such as cable television set-top boxes to be used in newer systems
- Addresses the lack of support for the HDMI clock stretching protocol required in HDBaseT extenders
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Passes through multi-channel audio formats from the HDMI input
- Supports PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS® Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X®
- Device can be updated in the field via USB port
Front panel power and signal status LEDs
- LED indicators provide power and signal status information for +5 volt source supply, hot plug detect, and HDCP
- Quick and easy identification of connection or signal integrity problems, as well as HDCP compliance at source and destination
USB-powered with the included power supply or local device
- Flexible options available for installing the Etude Sync in the field
- For testing or troubleshooting, device can conveniently be powered by a laptop or any available USB port nearby
Low-profile, 1 inch (25 mm) high enclosure
- Easy installation into racks and confined spaces
- Keeps devices out-of-sight when placed in public spaces
- User guide, USB cable, and external universal power supply
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence