AtlonaComm 20 Launches with Release of New Velocity Products
Atlona announces immediate availability of new Velocity control firmware, plus recently-announced high-capacity hardware gateway and scheduling touch panel
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 1, 2020 – Atlona special virtual tradeshow event, AtlonaComm 20, launches today with the debut of Velocity 2.1, a new firmware update for its groundbreaking Velocity™ IP-enabled AV control, room scheduling, and device management platform. In addition, Atlona announces the immediate availability of two new hardware components. Collectively, the new software features and hardware will make it easier for integrators, tech managers, and end users to create and manage AV control and room scheduling environments.
Velocity 2.1 streamlines navigation, enhances control capabilities, and improves configuration efficiency. Velocity 2.1 enhancements include:
- Simplified Menu Navigation: Optimizes access to primary functions of Velocity, including control, scheduling, and asset management. The new menu structure also adds direct connections to system settings and help resources.
- Two-Way Driver Creation: Allows users to build two-way drivers for control and device feedback, enhancing control system functionality where actions are based on status information returned from the device.
- Custom UI Enhancement: Adds support for new shortcut and multi-select functions related to selecting, arranging, copying and pasting elements to accelerate custom user interface development.
- Bulk Add Rooms: Allows users to create multiple rooms with AV control, or scheduling with calendar integration, to reduce configuration time for large projects.
- Context-Based Training: Places helpful tool tips throughout Velocity’s configuration screens, offering brief tool descriptions and links to online training videos for the specific topic.
High-Capacity Gateway Now Shipping
Atlona announces the immediate availability of the AT-VGW-HW-20, their highest capacity Velocity hardware gateway. A key advantage of the second generation Velocity architecture is multi-room AV control and scheduling from a single gateway, substantially reducing cost of ownership compared to AV control platforms that require a separate processor per AV system or room. The VGW-HW-20 provides AV control for up to 20 rooms, and room scheduling for up to 40 rooms. Additional features include browser-based setup and management, BYOD control at no extra cost, centralized organization of Atlona AV devices, industry-standard secure data communications, failover protection (when a second redundant gateway is added), and Velocity Cloud Lite for remote configuration and management.
Touch Panel for Room Scheduling and AV Control Now Shipping
Atlona is also shipping its new AT-VSP-800 8” scheduling and AV control touch panel with integrated bezel lighting. For scheduling applications, the AT-VSP-800 is ideal for lobbies, hallways, or meeting space entrances where the bright LED lighting on the edge of the bezel provides a visual representation of room status. The panel can also be used inside huddle spaces, conference rooms, classrooms, lecture halls and other spaces where the outer frame lighting can add visual emphasis to AV control functions such as AV mute or divisible room state. Since the AT-VSP-800 can be configured for room scheduling or AV control within Velocity, system integrators and tech managers can eliminate the expense of purchasing and managing separate software platforms.
The Velocity range is of several prominently featured Atlona product families and solutions on display during AtlonaComm 20, along with the company’s growing family of Omega collaboration products, an expanded HDVS Series of PTZ cameras, and the successful OmniStream family of AV over IP products. AtlonaComm 20 is accessible through Atlona’s website through June 30.
Atlona, a Panduit company, is a leading manufacturer of AV distribution, AV over IP, collaboration, and control solutions. Our core brand vision is to improve technology for the sharing of ideas, through innovative AV products used every day in a wide variety of commercial and educational applications. Atlona prioritizes quality, user experience, simplicity, and management in every product we develop. More information about Atlona is available at atlona.com.
Global connectivity leader Panduit Corp. creates innovative electrical and network infrastructure solutions for applications across the enterprise. Headquartered in Tinley Park, Ill. and operating in 112 worldwide locations, Panduit’s technology leadership and robust ecosystem help support, sustain, and empower business growth in a connected world. panduit.com.