Switcher for HDMI® and VGA Inputs with HDBaseT Output
The AT-HDVS-200-TX is a 3×1 switcher for HDMI and VGA inputs with HDBaseT output. It features two HDMI inputs, a VGA input, and an always on 3.5mm audio connector. The AT-HDVS-200-TX can be the central component of a small, automated AV system. Automatic display control turns on the display automatically whenever a source is connected. When the source is removed, the display is turned off. Volume is controlled by using the front panel buttons. Automatic input selection on the AT-HDVS-200-TX works by sensing the presence of any video signal. With automatic input selection, manual control systems can be eliminated.
The AT-HDVS-200-TX combines the benefits of a switcher and the advantages of Ethernet-enabled HDBaseT signal transmission over a single cable. The switcher enables input selection from the front panel, RS-232, or TCP/IP commands. HDMI signals up to 4K/UHD @ 60Hz with embedded audio, VGA input signals up to 1920×1200, and control signals can be extended up to 328 feet (100 meters).
When used with the HDVS-200-RX system performance is limited to 1080p. The AT-HDVS-200-TX receives power from the AT-HDVS-200-RX scaler via Power over Ethernet. Together they create a standalone AV switching and control system with scaling for classrooms and huddle rooms.
Automatic Display Control
Offering first-of-its-kind display capabilities, the AT-HDVS-200-TX allows display control using CEC, TCP/IP or RS-232 signals. This means that many more types of displays can be controlled, costs are reduced, and that wiring is simplified. In a commercial setting, when a switcher is integrated with a display, the AT-HDVS-200-TX forces the display to power on automatically when a laptop is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the AT-HDVS-200-TX forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system and the savings incurred by auto-display shutdown provide a significant return on investment.
- CEC – The AT-HDVS-200-TX features Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) providing simplified display control for a significant reduction in the cost of the display (compared to an RS-232 controlled display). CEC is a communication channel incorporated in the HDMI specification allowing connected devices to control each other.
- TCP/IP – The TCP/IP signal can be transmitted either through an independent LAN connection or through the HDBaseT connection when connected to an AT-HDVS-200-RX receiver which allows Ethernet over HDBaseT. The LAN port on the AT-HDVS-200-TX not only connects to the AT-HDVS-200-TX, it also extends out the HDBaseT connection through an internal hub. A connected router is required to manage IP addresses.
- RS-232 – Many displays including projectors, commercial flat panel displays, and some consumer displays can be controlled using the RS-232 signal directly from the switcher. The scaler is able to send commands using RS-232 for automatic display control to compatible displays.
- FLEXIBLE, POWER BUTTON – The power button on the front panel can be set to either turn the AT-HDVS-200-TX on/off or it can be set to control the attached display. In addition to using the front panel power button, display on/off commands can be triggered automatically based on presence of video signals, or by a third-party control system using either TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC signals.
- SWITCHER OR DISPLAY VOLUME CONTROL – Volume control buttons on the front panel can control either the analog audio output of the AT-HDVS-200-TX or they can be set to control the volume of any device that allows volume control using TCP/IP or RS-232, such as a flat panel display, DSP, or another switcher. This gives great flexibility to the system design.
- MULTIPLE POINTS OF CONTROL – Since all these commands can be sent using TCP/IP, it becomes simple to have multiple control points in a larger system. The AT-HDVS-200-TX could be used as an input device for an AT-UHD-CLSO-824, AT-UHD-CLSO-612ED, or AT-UHD-SW-5000ED, and the buttons would then be able to manage a variety of functions such as “Show me” and volume.
Automatic input selection on the AT-HDVS-200-TX detects an active video signal, rather than looking for the 5-volt, hot plug signal. This means that devices such as DVRs, DisplayPort adaptors and other devices that keep the 5-volt hot, no longer trigger the automatic input selection. This gives far more reliable performance with these products
The HDVS-200-TX is a simple audio visual system with automatic input selection for HDMI and VGA inputs and automatic projector on/off/volume control. It is a premium upgrade to the HDVS-150 Series offering functions that enable IP management, and other advanced installation functions including IP display control, contact closure for screen control, CEC display control for consumer displays and Ethernet-enabled (100 m) HDBaseT performance. The switcher can be installed under a desk/table/lectern. The HDVS-200 series incorporates many integrator-requested features while still maintaining overall value.
The HDVS-200-TX also supports the Atlona Management System (AMS), a powerful network software platform that integrates product configuration, management and updating. Specially designed for IP-controllable Atlona Products, the Atlona Management System reduces installation time and enables remote monitoring and support. To learn more please visit AT-SW-AMS.
The AT-HDVS-200-TX is ideal for:
- Complete System Applications – Used with the AT-HDVS-200-RX, the switcher accommodates one or two HDMI 1080p sources plus a VGA source in classrooms, huddle rooms, and small conference rooms. In these applications, the pair offers automatic input selection, HDBaseT transmission, and control functions. With audio de-embedding and volume control, it is easy to connect to an amplifier and speakers for better audio. IP configuration/management and other advanced installation functions including IP display control, contact closure for screen control, CEC display control for consumer displays and Ethernet-enabled (100 m) HDBaseT performance. The HDVS-200 Series incorporates many integrator-requested features while still maintaining overall value.
- Larger System Applications – The AT-HDVS-200-TX works well as a remote input device for switchers with HDBaseT inputs including the AT-UHD-CLSO-824 matrix switcher, the AT-UHD-CLSO-612ED, or the AT-UHD-SW-5000ED. The buttons can be used for control of display power, show me functions and volume. In addition, the AT-HDVS-200-TX offers the capability to route 4K/UHD @ 60Hz signals to these switchers.
- Campus Installations – Atlona’s new IP management software, AMS, enables easy discovery, configuration, updates and management of Atlona IP enabled devices such as the AT-HDVS-200 products.
*Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
Configured and Managed by AMS
The AT-HDVS-200-TX also supports the Atlona Management System (AMS), a powerful network software platform that integrates product configuration, management and updating. Specially designed for IP-controllable Atlona Products, the Atlona Management System reduces installation time and enables remote monitoring and support. To learn more please visit AT-SW-AMS.
3×1 HDBaseT switcher
Automatic display control
Automatic input selection using video detection technology
TCP/IP and RS-232 control of switcher
Ethernet enabled, HDBaseT extension
Front panel input select button
Front panel display on/off control
Front panel volume control
Works with AMS
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty