4K/UHD Multi-Format Switcher with PoE and Automatic Display Control
The Atlona AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is an advanced six-input, multi-format switcher with built-in 4K scaling and mirrored HDBaseT and HDMI outputs. It simplifies classroom and small office system integration by providing four HDMI and two multifunction analog inputs, to enable the use of both new and legacy sources with HDMI displays.
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 can be the central component of an automated AV system. Automatic display control turns on the display automatically whenever a source is connected. When the source is removed, the display is turned off. Volume is controlled by using the front panel buttons. Automatic input selection on the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 works by sensing the presence of any video signal. With automatic input selection, manual control systems can be eliminated.
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 combines the benefits of a switcher and the advantages of Ethernet enabled HDBaseT signal transmission over a single cable. The switcher enables input selection from the front panel, RS-232, or TCP/IP commands. Configuration, maintenance and updates are performed using Atlona’s WebGUI, AMS IP management system, or OSD. Set-up options include HDCP status, variable preferred input resolutions, output resolution, plus control of brightness, contrast, saturation, hue and sharpness. The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is ideal for applications where multiple signals with different resolutions must be optimized for a display. Professional audio features such as a microphone input with 48-volt phantom power and ducking are also included, allowing the switcher to address a wide array of AV switching and processing needs often encountered in classrooms, conference rooms, boardrooms, training rooms and other presentation settings. In addition to automated input selection, the switcher can be controlled via the Atlona AT-ANC-108D 8-Button Network Control Panel.
Automatic Display Control
Offering first-of-its-kind display capabilities, the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 allows display control using CEC, TCP/IP or RS-232 signals. This means that many more types of displays can be controlled, costs are reduced, and that wiring is simplified. In a commercial setting, when a switcher is integrated with a display, the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 forces the display to power on automatically when a laptop is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system and the savings incurred by auto-display shutdown provide a significant return on investment.
- CEC – The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 features Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) providing simplified display control for a significant reduction in the cost of the display (compared to an RS-232 controlled display). CEC is a communication channel incorporated in the HDMI specification allowing connected devices to control each other.
- TCP/IP – The TCP/IP signal can be transmitted either through an independent LAN connection or through the HDBaseT connection when connected to an AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX receiver which allows Ethernet over HDBaseT. The LAN port on the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 not only connects to the switcher, it also extends out the HDBaseT connection through an internal hub. A connected router is required to manage IP addresses.
- RS-232 – Many displays including projectors, commercial flat panel displays, and some consumer displays can be controlled using the RS-232 signal directly from the switcher. The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is able to send commands using RS-232 for automatic display control to compatible displays.
- FLEXIBLE, POWER BUTTON – The power button on the front panel can be set to either turn the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 on/off or it can be set to control the attached display. In addition to using the front panel power button, display on/off commands can be triggered automatically based on presence of video signals, or by a third-party control system using either TCP/IP, RS-232, or IR signals.
- SWITCHER OR DISPLAY VOLUME CONTROL – Volume control buttons on the front panel can control either the analog audio output of the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 or they can be set to control the volume of any device that allows volume control using TCP/IP or RS-232, such as a flat panel display, DSP, or another switcher. This gives great flexibility to the system design.
Automatic input selection on the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 detects an active video signal, rather than looking for the 5-volt, hot plug signal. This means that devices such as DVRs, DisplayPort adaptors and other devices that keep the 5-volt hot, no longer trigger the automatic input selection. This gives far more reliable performance with these products.
The CLSO Series Switcher for Local Source Integration
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is part of the CLSO Series of classroom and small office switchers and offers a set of inputs for applications when all sources are near the switcher. The switcher features an HDMI output plus a mirrored, Ethernet-enabled HDBaseT output. It transmits AV signals along with Ethernet, power, and control over a single cable to displays up to 328 feet (100 meters) from the switcher to PoE-powered HDBaseT receivers like the Atlona AT-UHD-EX-100CE-RX extender receiver, HDBaseT displays or even another switcher. Control options for the switcher include automatic input selection, front-panel buttons, and compatibility with IR, RS-232, or TCP/IP-based control systems.
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is ideal for:
- Complete System Applications – The switcher accommodates four 4K/UHD HDMI sources plus two VGA or other analog sources in classrooms, huddle rooms, and small conference rooms. In these applications, the switcher offers automatic input selection, HDBaseT transmission, and control functions. With audio de-embedding and volume control, it is easy to connect to an amplifier and speakers for better audio. IP configuration/management and other advanced installation functions including IP display control, contact closure for screen control, CEC display control for consumer displays and Ethernet-enabled (100 m) HDBaseT performance. The CLSO Series incorporates many integrator-requested features while still maintaining overall value.
- Efficient System Applications – The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 can route a signal directly to a projector with an HDBaseT input. Control is transmitted using CEC, IP, and RS-232. The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 is certified by the HDBaseT Alliance for compatibility.
- Campus Installations – Atlona’s new IP management software, AMS, enables easy discovery, configuration, updates and management of Atlona IP enabled devices such as the AT-UHD-CLSO-601 products.
*Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
Configured and Managed by AMS
The AT-UHD-CLSO-601 also supports the Atlona Management System (AMS), a powerful network software platform that integrates product configuration, management and updating. Specially designed for IP-controllable Atlona Products, the Atlona Management System reduces installation time and enables remote monitoring and support. To learn more please visit AT-SW-AMS.
Four HDMI inputs
Two multi-function analog inputs on 15-pin HD connectors
Mirrored, dual outputs on HDBaseT and HDMI
Automatic display control
Automatic input selection using video detection technology
4K/UHD @ 30 Hz capability
Built-in 4K scaler
AV, Ethernet, and control over HDBaseT
Power over Ethernet for remote-powered HDBaseT receiver
TCP/IP, RS-232, and IR, control of switcher
Balanced line/mic input with 48V phantom power
Microphone ducking with advanced controls
Independent audio input switching
Balanced, stereo audio output on 6-pin captive screw connector
Adjustable volume and EQ
Front panel volume and mute controls
Easy, GUI-based configuration using integrated web server
IP to RS-232 translation
Eight RS-232 ports
Ethernet, RS-232 and IR HDBaseT insertion
Rack mountable 1U, full rack width enclosure
Works with AMS
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty