Atlona HDMI Multichannel to 2CH Converter
Comprehensive Audio Signal Format Conversion & Compatibility
Today’s audio signals come in many formats, yet many displays and legacy receivers are limited to what they can receive and output. The Atlona HD-M2C is engineered to be compatible with virtually all digital audio formats including lossless and lossy (compressed/uncompressed) formats.
With its plug and play capabilities, requiring no programming, the M2C is unique to the market and perfect for any residential system. The HD-M2C is a true powerhouse in a small package that converts/down-mixes multichannel HD audio formats like Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™ to 2 channels.
The M2C is designed to integrate seamlessly with all Atlona HDMI switchers including the H2H, PRO2HD, PRO3HD series, as well as many other matrix switchers available.
Sharing common sources in mixed 2ch and multi-channel zones results in a degraded home theater audio experience. The multichannel zone, HD 5.1 home theater for example, is forced to accept the compatible low performance audio stream required for a 2ch zone such as a flat panel TV.
The HD-M2C solves this dilemma by allowing the distribution of full audio to each zone and seamlessly down mixing from sources such as lossless HD audio. No audio compromises required, enjoy the best HD audio for your home theater and simultaneously enjoy 2ch audio in the kitchen or bedroom.
- 7.1/5.1 multi-channel to 2-channel audio conversion and down-mixing to all outputs
- Comprehensive audio format signal compatibility (Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS Digital Surround™ & DTS-HD Master Audio™)
- Atlona’s Intelligent EDID Management guarantees the best audio performance
- (Digital) Coaxial / Optical and analog stereo audio outputs for connection to legacy AVRs and systems without HDMI support
- Plug & Play functionality and simplicity eliminates the need for any setup, programming or configuration
- Reduces system complexity and costs, eliminates need for separate, dedicated sources for each zone
- Fully HDCP compliant allowing any protected content to be transmitted
- LED status indicators automatically detect and display incoming digital audio signal format type
- Mini USB port for easy firmware updates
- CEC pass through support
Optional Upgrade: HD-M2C Multi-channel HDMI output
Firmware version 2.1.0 modifies the standard HD-M2C HDMI output behavior from 2ch down mix to multi-channel pass through. A Blu-Ray player 7.1 DTS HD-Master Audio stream will simply output the HD-M2C completely intact. This allows a multi-channel signal to be transmitted to an AVR and a 2ch analog signal to a multi-zone audio amplifier simultaneously!