HDMI Multichannel to Two-Channel Converter
Comprehensive Audio Signal Format Conversion & Compatibility
Audio signals come in many formats, yet many displays and legacy receivers have limited audio capabilties. The Atlona HD-M2C is engineered to be compatible with virtually all digital audio formats including lossless and lossy (compressed/uncompressed) formats.
With its plug and play capabilities, requiring no programming, the M2C is unique to the market and perfect for any residential system. The HD-M2C is a true powerhouse in a small package that converts/down-mixes multichannel HD audio formats like Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X™ to two channels.
The M2C is designed to integrate seamlessly with all Atlona HDMI switchers including the H2H, PRO2HD, PRO3HD, and UHD-PRO3 Series, as well as many other matrix switchers available.
Sharing common sources in mixed two-channel and multi-channel zones results in a degraded home theater audio experience. The multichannel zone, a 5.1 home theater for example, is forced to accept the compatible low performance audio stream required for a two-channel zone such as a flat panel TV.
The HD-M2C solves this dilemma by allowing the distribution of full audio to each zone and seamlessly down mixing from sources such as lossless HD audio. No audio compromises required, enjoy the best HD audio for your home theater and simultaneously enjoy two-channel audio in the kitchen or bedroom.
- 7.1/5.1 multi-channel to two-channel audio conversion and down-mixing to all outputs
- Comprehensive audio format signal compatibility: Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS Digital Surround™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X™
- Atlona’s Intelligent EDID Management guarantees the best audio performance
- Digital Coaxial and Optical plus analog stereo audio outputs for connection to legacy AVRs and systems without HDMI support
- Plug and play functionality and simplicity eliminates the need for any setup, programming or configuration
- Reduces system complexity and costs by eliminating the need for separate, dedicated sources for each zone
- Fully HDCP compliant allowing any protected content to be transmitted
- LED status indicators automatically detect and display incoming digital audio signal format type
- Mini USB port for easy firmware updates
- CEC pass through support
Optional Upgrade: HD-M2C Multi-channel HDMI output
Firmware version 2.1.0 modifies the standard HD-M2C HDMI output behavior from two-channel down-mix to multi-channel pass through. A Blu-Ray player 7.1 DTS HD-Master Audio stream will simply output the HD-M2C completely intact. This allows a multi-channel signal to be transmitted to an AVR and a two-channel analog signal to a multi-zone audio amplifier simultaneously.
Note: Win8 and Win10 machines cannot be used for the firmware update, please use WinXP/Vista/7″